Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Hibbert RB?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have two solid RBs. Be a good player at this level though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

We cannot rely on Bruno with injuries, and if Calderon gets injured or suspended himself we are stuffed. If anything Maksi and Calderon are the only players we have who can play LB at the moment, so the left side is covered.

Another RB sort of helps with the LB position and options if you get what I mean. If Calde had a twin I would be happy with them on the left and right.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Good for us with his experience. Not an exciting signing if true, but it will help with steadying our defence definitely!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love Calde but he is not that good as A FULL BACK. Great bombing forward but against decent teams he is a bit of a liability defensively, harsh but I believe fair. Not gonna let sentimentality get in the way of the truth. I think we need a new RB almost as badly as we need a LB. I think that I may go off line for a while now because I know I am gonna get slaughtered.

Not sure we'll ever see a fully fit Bruno again and for me he has been a bit crap ever since his first injury last season.

This is NOT doom mongering as both are adequate but neither is particularly good,

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I love Calde but he is not that good as A FULL BACK. Great bombing forward but against decent teams he is a bit of a liability defensively, harsh but I believe fair. Not gonna let sentimentality get in the way of the truth. I think we need a new RB almost as badly as we need a LB. I think that I may go off line for a while now because I know I am gonna get slaughtered

He's loveable and can be good defensively. It's a complete lack of pace across the backline that hurts all our defenders though, particularly Calde at RB - if we had one quick defender then I believe it would help out the rest. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap - and pace doesn't necessarily mean they can defend!

Be interesting to see how Oscar plays it..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's loveable and can be good defensively. It's a complete lack of pace across the backline that hurts all our defenders though, particularly Calde at RB - if we had one quick defender then I believe it would help out the rest. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap - and pace doesn't necessarily mean they can defend!

Be interesting to see how Oscar plays it..

We were so spoilt with Bridge.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is always talk of having a slow back line. How many teams do not suffer from the same thing in this league? I thought all defenders tended to be a bit slow and pacy wing backs are expensive.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Really? Bruno seems to be injured most of time, and his form when was last fit was not amazing. Calderon is decent, but I think we need a more defensively able RB if we want to challenge this year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't see that many problems on the right.

Would rather all the cash went towards a left back and a striker.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't see that many problems on the right.

Would rather all the cash went towards a left back and a striker.

Mostly this, but my wish is for that leftback and an attacking midfielder, someone who can roam a little behind the front line. Orlandi is potentially already that latter man, but i like the idea of him out wide and an expert glider and poker in the middle sat in front of Bridders and Andrews, for instance. In terms of fullbacks, they were a huge influence on our attacking play last year and whilst Bridge is impossible to carbon copy, it's vital for that sure-footed leftback with enough touch and endeavour to be something of a roaring force without purely relying on our wingers to look to beat a team out wide alone.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It's mentioned on THAT football rumours site.

It seems the editor/one of the editors is a Brighton fan. Maybe someone on here.

Bens Grandad innit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I cannot agree with that as most of the goals that we concede come as a result of teams attacking our right back whether it be Bruno or Calderon. They are both good and exciting going forward but suspect doing what they are meant to be in the team for primarily defending. The result of this is that between Greer and whoever is right back we give away goals eg 1st goal against Derby where both Greer and Calderon missed a tackle..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here