Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christine Ohuruogu - what a legend

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haven't seen a thread on this, so...

I know everyone rightly bangs on about the master that is Mo Farah, but what a run that was last night and an absolute object lesson to kids on never giving up or being arrogant and not bothering to dip at the line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23675550

New national record and retention of her world title. :bowdown:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Haven't seen a thread on this, so...

I know everyone rightly bangs on about the master that is Mo Farah, but what a run that was last night and an absolute object lesson to kids on never giving up or being arrogant and not bothering to dip at the line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23675550

New national record and retention of her world title. :bowdown:

Not for me I'm afraid. Completely tarnished by the drugs ban, I don't see how it was possibe to miss 3 tests unless she had something to hide. It makes me a little sick that Dwain Chambers cops all the grief, whilst she gets to be team captain.

Same theory goes for Rio Ferdinand for me, definately had something to hide.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I assume we are talking about the same woman who conveniently missed three drugs tests?

Inconveniently would be a more suitable word.

Her third strike (last minute change of training venue) saw her banned, although she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one. There was no suspicion of doping, more bad luck/planning. As well numerous other tests passed in the nine month period of the missed tests.

People writing about the three missed tests always fail to mention the circumstances and paint her as a cheat.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007

Her third strike (last minute change of training venue) saw her banned, although she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one. There was no suspicion of doping, more bad luck.

People writing about the three missed tests always fail to mention the circumstances and paint her as a cheat.

If it was an American sprinter would you be so forgiving?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Her third strike (last minute change of training venue) saw her banned, although she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one. There was no suspicion of doping, more bad luck/planning. As well numerous other tests passed in the nine month period of the missed tests.

3 instances of bad luck? Really?

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
If it was an American sprinter would you be so forgiving?

Anybody with a brain would! What part of "she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one" is hard to comprehend or based on nationality?

What a stupid comment!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't see how it was possibe to miss 3 tests unless she had something to hide.

This is very different to Rio dashing off from training having been told the testers wanted to see him.

Look into the circumstances of what athletes are expected to do, and especially the circumstances of the 3rd miss, and you may view it very differently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anybody with a brain would! What part of "she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one" is hard to comprehend or based on nationality?

What a stupid comment!

I'm afraid that counts for very little in the 21st century world of masking agents, diaretics, saline solutions, etc.

You can be clean an hour later, that's the whole point of 'doorstep' testing.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I'm afraid that counts for very little in the 21st century world of masking agents, diaretics, saline solutions, etc.

You can be clean an hour later, that's the whole point of 'doorstep' testing.

One hour! If that was true then nobody should fail.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This is very different to Rio dashing off from training having been told the testers wanted to see him.

Look into the circumstances of what athletes are expected to do, and especially the circumstances of the 3rd miss, and you may view it very differently.

She didn't turn up to one.
And she twice moved training sessions at short notice and forgot to tell the testers. With that sort of intelligence i'm surprised she manages to walk, let alone run.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

What a stupid comment!

Not a stupid comment at all. My first thought when I hear her name is always "drug cheat" even though I doubt she took anything, but she broke the rules, and there is no excuse at that level to do so. If they break the rules, they habe to be treated as if they are guilty - it can't work any other way. The same for Rio.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I cheered her on last night. Well done Christine !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One hour! If that was true then nobody should fail.

There's no excuse for failing an in competition test.

The best users and scientists can get the stuff out just as quickly as it's put in.

This isn't an option for everybody, money dictates, as I said hence the need for doorstep testing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Innocent until proved guilty. Well done Christine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here