Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SISU OUT - Supporting Coventry through Fans United

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
As you will all know Coventry are in the big brown stuff...and having been approached by a Coventry fan to do them a favour, I would appreciate all the support I can get from everyone. The plan is to gather as many Brighton fans as possible outside the AMEX holding 'SISU OUT' banners. All you have to do is turn up in your colours, and join in. So if you are attending the home game against Bolton on the 21st September, please get involved and invite others.

https://www.facebook.com/events/565185436877699/

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which one would be better?

One where TV camera's for example, if there were 50 Brighton fans outside the Amex for the Bolton game with banners what would that actually achieve - for example our fans showed support to Plymouth in a televised match which got nationwide coverage

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is there going to be a co-ordinated effort at other grounds on the same day ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have we got any televised games at the Amex?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have we got any televised games at the Amex?

Ah, I thought the Watford one was, but it isn't is it, OK then how about our fans with banners at the Reading game outside and inside or at their home game during the international break in September

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I agree a televised game would be better, but I'd happily join in this protest anyway. Reminiscent of when Albions fans went to practically all 92 grounds on the same day, this protest just raises more awareness for their cause. Very impressed with their boycott at Sixfields last week, good work.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could we do a 'Be Brown' theme for Coventry?

Always loved that kit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I agree a televised game would be better, but I'd happily join in this protest anyway. Reminiscent of when Albions fans went to practically all 92 grounds on the same day, this protest just raises more awareness for their cause. Very impressed with their boycott at Sixfields last week, good work.

Somebody needs to suggest the 92 grounds protest to them.

They're not in the deep brown stuff as much as we were but they are getting close. At least they have a stadium to go to if the two sides can agree on the rent.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But how is it Southampton Institute Students Union got to become a major player in Coventry City's future?

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
One where TV camera's for example, if there were 50 Brighton fans outside the Amex for the Bolton game with banners what would that actually achieve - for example our fans showed support to Plymouth in a televised match which got nationwide coverage

This was just a small arrangement to start with, just a favour for a Cov fan, obviously if we get lots of support for this, then perhaps in the future we will be able to do something bigger :)

Somebody needs to suggest the 92 grounds protest to them.

They're not in the deep brown stuff as much as we were but they are getting close. At least they have a stadium to go to if the two sides can agree on the rent.
If just one of the two parties to these negotiations had an interest in the future of the football club, things might be better.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Bwian;5882968[ . At least they have a stadium to go to if the two sides can agree on the rent.[/QUOTE said:
The rent aint the problem
SISU want the ground,cut price too,they would rather use the threat of Coventry dying at Northampton as a blackmail tool than pay £100,000 to £400,000 a season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23515733

That is £4,300 a home game.217 fans at £20 each or once promoted about £17,400.That is 860 fans at £20 each.The rent is a side show because they are going to get gates in the low thousands.The rent makes economic sense and their point about not getting a share of match day food,alcohol and parking revenues an irrelevance.They seem to be threatening the Ricoh owners with ending up having ownership of a ground but no team to play there and trying to get the fanbase to pressurise the Ricoh owners (part owned by the council) into selling up cheap.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
So your mate wants a load of Brighton fans to randomly stand outside the Amex on the 21st Sep to generate some support for Coventry City and there current plight.

Whilst I think there cause is worthwhile this seems a tad amateurish. Firstly, as already mentioned it needs to be when we're in Sky. No point 50 odd people demonstrating when no sod outside of Sussex will get to see or hear about it.

Personally I think you'd be better off choosing a Coventry City home fixture (not in the literal sense, as we all know they're playing in Northampton) and spreading the word on fans forums up and down the country prior to the game to get as many different supporters to the game.

Are Coventry on the box anytime soon? This would be the ideal scenario, Sky would be all over that

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
So your mate wants a load of Brighton fans to randomly stand outside the Amex on the 21st Sep to generate some support for Coventry City and there current plight.

Whilst I think there cause is worthwhile this seems a tad amateurish. Firstly, as already mentioned it needs to be when we're in Sky. No point 50 odd people demonstrating when no sod outside of Sussex will get to see or hear about it.

Personally I think you'd be better off choosing a Coventry City home fixture (not in the literal sense, as we all know they're playing in Northampton) and spreading the word on fans forums up and down the country prior to the game to get as many different supporters to the game.

Are Coventry on the box anytime soon? This would be the ideal scenario, Sky would be all over that

Yes i understand it does sound like that, but like i've said, this is just a small thing to start, and yes we are looking into Coventry fixtures that are in International breaks and dont clash with ours to organise some travel up there, and hopefully bring other fans to it as well

Bearing in mind that the anti-SISU campaigners are boycotting games at Northampton, it would be fairly counterproductive to get fans of other clubs to turn up in vast numbers.

As with all campaigns, this one needs leadership. We should follow the lead that Coventry fans give, not make up our own plans.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Yes i understand it does sound like that, but like i've said, this is just a small thing to start, and yes we are looking into Coventry fixtures that are in International breaks and dont clash with ours to organise some travel up there, and hopefully bring other fans to it as well

Personally think its a waste of time having the small thing. Even a couple of hundred joining in will be lost in the 26000 just going to the game. Doubt you even get a mention on the FL show. Your better off channeling your efforts into a bigger protest that will receive maximum coverage.

Maybe your cov mate can set something in motion his end and get the backing of a good few other cov fans. Then u have something to work with to get other football fans involved.

Listen to LB his advice is sound.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bearing in mind that the anti-SISU campaigners are boycotting games at Northampton, it would be fairly counterproductive to get fans of other clubs to turn up in vast numbers.

As with all campaigns, this one needs leadership. We should follow the lead that Coventry fans give, not make up our own plans.

This. We have our own experience of generating maximum awareness. Cov fans can count ( I'm sure) on our fans supporting any co-ordinated action when they ask for it.

Your mates request sounds like a passionate plea for help but will generate zero media attention so is pretty futile. I'll go to any joint initiative gladly where impact is maximised.

Good luck. Up the Sky Blues.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

This.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here