Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion midfielder called-up by Wales [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion midfielder called-up by Wales[/h]10:00am Tuesday 13th August 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2584981.jpg
Andrew Crofts has replaced Aaron Ramsey in the Wales squad for their game against Republic of Ireland
Andrew Crofts has been boosted by a late Wales recall for tomorrow night’s friendly against the Republic of Ireland in Cardiff.
The Albion midfielder, excluded from Chris Coleman’s original squad, has been called up after Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey pulled out with an ankle injury.
Crofts’ return to Albion from Norwich City last season was disrupted by two hamstring injuries.
He started the Seagulls’ opening day defeat under new head coach Oscar Garcia at Leeds before sitting out last week’s Capital One Cup exit against Newport County with a knee problem.
Crofts, an unused substitute in Saturday’s home defeat by Derby County, said: “It is nice to get the call up and I am looking forward to meeting up with the boys.
“I got called up a couple of times last year but missed out through a hamstring injury so it is nice to be back in the mix. After last season’s injury I feel good, really fit and really hungry.”
Crofts won the last of his 24 caps for Wales in a 2-0 home defeat against Bosnia a year ago.
Oscar is now sweating on the 29-year-old avoiding injury on international duty along with Gordon Greer (Scotland), Adam El-Abd (Egypt) and Derby left-back debutant Vitalijs Maksimenko (Latvia) ahead of Saturday’s trip to Birmingham City.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here