Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Accessing Council Land

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Is there anyone on here who is an expert on the laws of access to Council land?

Basically, Adur District Council are refusing access to a small piece of land adjacent to where we play our boys' home matches(owned by B&H Council and leased by my club) and are refusing to unlock a gate to allow us to get a mower onto the B&H land via theirs. We have limited access points on the B&H side, so this isn't an option.

If anyone has any knowledge of issues like this or can provide me with some advice, then please drop me an email at rob35311@sky.com?

Thanks!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is there anyone on here who is an expert on the laws of access to Council land?

Basically, Adur District Council are refusing access to a small piece of land adjacent to where we play our boys' home matches(owned by B&H Council and leased by my club) and are refusing to unlock a gate to allow us to get a mower onto the B&H land via theirs. We have limited access points on the B&H side, so this isn't an option.

If anyone has any knowledge of issues like this or can provide me with some advice, then please drop me an email at rob35311@sky.com?

Thanks!

Go to any of the council parks with travellers on and ask them?

Drive a white Transit towing a caravan, grind off lock enter land, the Police will even help you do it safely.

Mow grass, leave litter everywhere, shit in the bushes and leave when you're ready.

Apart from the mowing the grass thing that seems to be acceptable.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Drive a white Transit towing a caravan, grind off lock enter land, the Police will even help you do it safely.

Mow grass, leave litter everywhere, shit in the bushes and leave when you're ready.

Apart from the mowing the grass thing that seems to be acceptable.

Its probably best to visit all the local shops while they are at it and just take whatever takes their fancy without paying for it. The blokes in the group could pop flourescent vests on and visit all the local pensioners and offer to do minor home improvements for wildly inflated prices. Remember though if you collect any waste as a result you are obliged to fly tip it round the back of some residents garages.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's their land and if they don't want you to use it, they can refuse permission - you have no right of access without the landowners permission which in this case is not forthcoming.

Why are they refusing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here