Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker on bench out of seven subs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just shows you how desperate we are for a striker. Dickenson and Barker can't be thought that much of if they can't get on the bench when we haven't got a striker to come on. We need someone, even if it's only a short term loan/deal until Cms is back upto speed. I noticed Ebanks-Blake is without a club, if he was fit I reckon he would be a right handful alongside Ulloa.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Or we just play two wingers and rotate Ulloa with Barnes? Orlandi to play wide left, Buckley wide right with Kaz and March on the bench. Just a thought

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Plus Barnes always performs better as an out and out striker IMO

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
No striker on the bench yet Barnes still getting shoved out as a left forward when LuaLua and March are both there.

We've had this striker 'crisis' for a while, all I can think is there isn't anyone out there that's good enough for the price we're willing to pay, we've already spent upwards of £5m on strikers in the last 2 years, I would not blame TB for saying "if you want ANOTHER, then go find a bargain". Look at the price Rhodes went for last season, the market is being ridiculously inflated.

Our midfielders score lots of goals, for me it's not a major issue.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
My thought is that all we heard last season was a story of missed chances and so far this season Ulloa apart it's the same story so far. That means either the coaching isn't working or the players just aren't that great in front of goal. We need someone either on the pitch or more to the point, on the bench who you can bring on and are confident they can take their chances. Currently we have no one who you would look to and say,,"he will get us a goal".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just shows you how desperate we are for a striker. Dickenson and Barker can't be thought that much of if they can't get on the bench when we haven't got a striker to come on. We need someone, even if it's only a short term loan/deal until Cms is back upto speed. I noticed Ebanks-Blake is without a club, if he was fit I reckon he would be a right handful alongside Ulloa.

Totally right.

If we are serious about doing well this year we need a proven striking option on the bench. Forget the rookies we have, they are not the answer this year.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You are an idiot. Seriously.

How am I an idiot???....Your happy having no striker on the bench when we have seven subs???. What makes people think that the same players who missed hat fulls of chances last season, and have started this season in the same vain are suddenly going to start banging them in??? Strikers score goals, or that what they are suppose to do and we currently have two fit ones and one of them is responsible for most of the missed chances. Anyone else wondering why Barnes has been subbed in both league games??? Don't take a lot of working out, he is on borrowed time.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
We definitely need a quality striker but we also need our midfielders to chip in with goals and who knows maybe even a defender. At the moment Buckley has gone off the boil and the only other midfielder that scored a few last season (Kaz) isn't getting any game time.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You are an idiot. Seriously.

Come on,,,explain to everyone why I'm an idiot for saying we need a striker on the bench as an option??? Or do you think it's cool to just go against what I say because a few others on here do??? I can take it on the chin if someone has got a point to make and disagrees with my views. But you have just made yourself look rather stupid. Or do you really seriously think not having a striker on the bench is the way forward??? If so I think you need to go and look in the mirror before you call anyone else an idiot.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I've got a feeling Oscar is going to play two up front, when that option is available to him.

Kevtherev you are so right on this one...I have felt this since last season and then watching the match on Sat it was painfully obvious we had one option ULLOA or nothing... Therefore what do we do if he gets injured or booked?. What about competition for places?

Currently we are very much STILL in the same position as last year (apart from Hoskins is still injured)... We surely must be looking at other options because dare I say it CMS has a relapse etc and we are scrabbling around looking for loans...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My thought is that all we heard last season was a story of missed chances and so far this season Ulloa apart it's the same story so far. That means either the coaching isn't working or the players just aren't that great in front of goal. We need someone either on the pitch or more to the point, on the bench who you can bring on and are confident they can take their chances. Currently we have no one who you would look to and say,,"he will get us a goal".

If we could be confident about their taking chances then they wouldn't be on the bench. Equally if we were confident they could take the chances we would have to spend a fortune and they would not then be happy to sit on the bench.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
How am I an idiot???....Your happy having no striker on the bench when we have seven subs???. What makes people think that the same players who missed hat fulls of chances last season, and have started this season in the same vain are suddenly going to start banging them in??? Strikers score goals, or that what they are suppose to do and we currently have two fit ones and one of them is responsible for most of the missed chances. Anyone else wondering why Barnes has been subbed in both league games??? Don't take a lot of working out, he is on borrowed time.

We're missing CMS, I have a feeling OGs game favours him more than GP. Your point however is correct about not having a single striker on the bench. Regards Dickenson only saw him come on against Villa Real and thought he had lightning pace.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Kevtherev you are so right on this one...I have felt this since last season and then watching the match on Sat it was painfully obvious we had one option ULLOA or nothing... Therefore what do we do if he gets injured or booked?. What about competition for places?

Currently we are very much STILL in the same position as last year (apart from Hoskins is still injured)... We surely must be looking at other options because dare I say it CMS has a relapse etc and we are scrabbling around looking for loans...

Ulloa to my eyes, looks like a good old fashioned centre forward, great in the air, good at flicking it on and bringing others into play. Tailor made for a nippy centre forward to play off of him...Modern day Mellor and Ward...There were a few times on Saturday when the ball was fizzing around in the box, we were crying out for a poacher to just toe poke it in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think its too early to say anything, yet, about what is needed. Our team is ragged all over the pitch at the moment, and looks like a typical middling Champ side, struggling for its identity, as we'd expect with a new manager and new players (including emerging kids). I can't see it remaining like this, but the first step is to get our current bunch playing with a bit more discipline and focus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here