Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your favourite game of last season?

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Just curious to know what were people's favourite albion performances last season?

I can safely say that St Paddys day v Palace was off the scale, but that may be too easy a choice...
Forinstance, I really enjoyed the way we played against Blackburn rovers at home, despite the result not truly reflecting how we played, and where Hoskins sustained that horrible injury.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Aside from the obvious, I'd go with Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol:) at home.

We absolutely ripped them apart, one of the best team performances I've ever seen from us.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blackpool was nice, had a nice warm Steak pie. Sheff. Weds. not so good as had to queue 3 1/2 minutes for a pint. Derby was nice, though the hot dogs were cold. Leeds was OK but the bus was late and a bit bumpy.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Aside from the obvious, Cardiff away.

This. It was pure magic.

We absolutely ROBBED them, and it wasn't just a 1-0 smash and grab, it was 2-0 for good measure. :albion: :rave: :albion:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
St Patricks Day obviously but Blackpool was great, followed by the Barnsley match which kick started our season.
Away game has to be the Cardiff game.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Blackpool and St Patrick's day. Two games that will live long in my memory. Despite the result, the Arsenal match was very entertaining as well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Blackpool was nice, had a nice warm Steak pie. Sheff. Weds. not so good as had to queue 3 1/2 minutes for a pint. Derby was nice, though the hot dogs were cold. Leeds was OK but the bus was late and a bit bumpy.

And they try to say that satire is dead. Good play that man....

Palace 1 (obviously); Blackpool

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
palace aside, in the bernster household its the huddersfield game.after the devastation at the selling of noone junior bernster struggled to find a new favourite player.one amex hatrick later and a new idol fills the void.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Aside from the obvious, I'd go with Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol:) at home.

We absolutely ripped them apart, one of the best team performances I've ever seen from us.

I missed the Palace at home game (bad fan) so would have to go for this

I took Mrs Sock, she was amazed at how well we played and couldn't beleive that this was the same club I had been following for two decades, most of which was spent with weekly losses and bad moods.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Burnley away for me - it was the most dominant I think I've seen us away.

Bristol City away last year was the most pointless exercise in my football watching life. I'd rather watch us have a few shots and lose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Eff me last season was good.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Blackpool at home. Ipswich away.

Blackpool were woeful and we surgically took them apart. It was game where were took most of our chances, oh for a bit of that right now.

When he was appointed I somehow hoped that Oscar would take the Poyet system and elevate us to the level of the Blackpool performance more often, in time maybe he will.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A coda to the Blackpool game – the glaze on the cherry on the icing on the cake of victory – was being able to take our pints outside the West Lower / North and into that incredible warm evening sunshine. Loads of Pool milling around in a friendly fashion (and taking the piss out of Dean Hammond), loads of optimism, watching the sun slowly set over Stanmer. Magic.

But nothing beats St Patricks Day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's amusing that people are picking Burnley away & Blackpool at home. They were games where we scored an own goal, but fortunately we had enough about us to score the winning goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here