Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we REALLY playing long-ball?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Despite being a season-ticket holder, I have not yet made it to a game this season for varying reasons. Anyway, I have now heard several murmurings that we are playing a long-ball game. Is this hyperbolic nonsense, or is it true?

If true.... WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Tony pullis, eat yer heart out !

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
No. We've just got more than one style of play now.
Including knocking it down the wings, to cross in on Ulloa's beautifully shaped head.
How many CROSSES did you see last season? No more than 2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last 20 mins on Saturday looked a bit long ball to me. Pig's kicking was shit which didn't help either.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We'll be known as Oscar Garcia's famous 'touch and go' Brighton side of the 2010s...

Short, short passes followed by a long hoof, then some more short passes followed by a dicey diagonal ball. It'll be ramshackle at times, and has the impression it could fall apart any moment, but when it works in its haphazard way it will be delightful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What? When Kazenga came on? Long ball?? are you sure??

I was a bit dismayed at the time so I may be exaggerating but I remember feeling a bit peeved at how many boots up field I saw and most appeared pretty aimless to me. There was some very slick inter play at times earlier in the game, none more so than for our goal. Change of manager, change of style, a midfield that was either not match fit or new to the team or both. No surprise we looked a bit disjointed at times and bereft of ideas late in the game.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No way is it long ball apart from the last few minutes of "get it up there" in the hope of an equaliser.

What we do seem to be doing is getting the ball in very early from wide positions (see Ulloa's goal). I don't think anyone is going to complain about that - our strikers especially.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No way is it long ball apart from the last few minutes of "get it up there" in the hope of an equaliser.

What we do seem to be doing is getting the ball in very early from wide positions (see Ulloa's goal). I don't think anyone is going to complain about that - our strikers especially.

:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Despite being a season-ticket holder, I have not yet made it to a game this season for varying reasons. Anyway, I have now heard several murmurings that we are playing a long-ball game. Is this hyperbolic nonsense, or is it true?

If true.... WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK?

It is indeed nonsense.

1237083209838108627rjwrSbOc.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, although there was some variation, there definately a lot of long ball. In particular, Greer and Kuszczak were lumping it forward from the very early stages.

That's why Ulloa was so close to losing his rag. Time and again he went for a header and was pushed, pulled, grabbed and generally fouled.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Well, although there was some variation, there definately a lot of long ball. In particular, Greer and Kuszczak were lumping it forward from the very early stages.

That's why Ulloa was so close to losing his rag. Time and again he went for a header and was pushed, pulled, grabbed and generally fouled.

He needs to try hitting them harder than they hit him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here