Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornwall

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I thought there was a thread on here a while back with suggestions of places to visit in Cornwall, but can't find it.

I am planning to drive down there for about four days next month. Any recommendations gratefully received ... or a link to previous thread!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Port Isaac on a Friday evening.
Helman Tor for the sunset.
Bodmin & Wenford Railway.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Porthcuno...nice beach...amazing blue water...and the minack theatre next to it..even better if its timed with a production.

Lost gardens of heligan are nice....

to be honest there are loads of places in Cornwall the coast line is so dramatic...i stayed at a lovely place at Gwithian last time i was there

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Day 1 Port Issac Bloody Bones Bar
Day 2 New Polzeath Surfing
Day 3 Ricks Seafood Restaurant Padstow
Day 4 St Ives promenading

Aug 23, 2011
If you're near Penzance then there is a pub that does very good food and reasonable priced in a place called Gulval just north of Penzance. Think the pub was called coldstreamer or something (probably the only pub in the village though). It was about £60 for three course meal including wine and they had the option of "chefs choice" where the chef decides what you have for each course and it was very nice.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looe is a fantastic little village with some decent places to eat ( pasties included ! ) and a great beach.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
Some smaller places: Falmouth, Mawnan Smith, Flushing and St Mawes - all picturesque and nice, and close to one another. Could easily do all in a day. And all of the above suggestions are good. St Ives gets VERY tourist-y in the summer, FYI.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't go wrong in that lovely county they even do some great beers. I'd give Lands End a miss though, especially if the weather is poor.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Beaches
Trebarwith Strand - at low tide
Watergate Bay - at low tide

Towns
St Ives
Padstow
Fowey

Places of Interest
The Minack Theatre
Bedruthan Steps

Walks
Trebarwith Strand to Boscastle (via Tintagel Castle)

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Just go to West Penwith (last area before Land's End), and take in some of the stone circles and quoits. look up Zennor, Madron, St Just for Cape Cornwall and St Michael's Mount in Penzance. All of these slightly off the beaten and all with their own unique atmosphere. Also Chysauster if it's grey or drizzly.

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
Lived there for 2 years and returned last summer. Some of the best places/ things to do are as follow:-
- Minack Theatre - don't miss. Stunning location and it really doesn't matter what you see.
- St Ives - just to walk round and soak up the atmosphere or visit the Tate and all the galleries.
- lizard peninsula and go to the little towns and coves. The is a great walk from Helford round the coast path to St Anthony and back over to Helford via Manacan. Park in the car park by the cafe. Then visit Coverack and have ice cream at Roskilly Farm.

I wouldn't bother going to Lands End but do go to St Just and/or Sennen after driving along the best road ever from St Ives.

Have a Cornish pasty from Philps bakery, Hayle. The genuinely are the best in Cornwall. It's on the main road though Hayle just on the bend.

Best beach is Gwithian, then go to the Sunset surf cafe next the the car park behind the beach. Best for sunsets in the evening.

Have fun.

Apart from that just explore

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lived there for 2 years and returned last summer. Some of the best places/ things to do are as follow:-
- Minack Theatre - don't miss. Stunning location and it really doesn't matter what you see.
- St Ives - just to walk round and soak up the atmosphere or visit the Tate and all the galleries.
- lizard peninsula and go to the little towns and coves. The is a great walk from Helford round the coast path to St Anthony and back over to Helford via Manacan. Park in the car park by the cafe. Then visit Coverack and have ice cream at Roskilly Farm.

I wouldn't bother going to Lands End but do go to St Just and/or Sennen after driving along the best road ever from St Ives.

Have a Cornish pasty from Philps bakery, Hayle. The genuinely are the best in Cornwall. It's on the main road though Hayle just on the bend.

Best beach is Gwithian, then go to the Sunset surf cafe next the the car park behind the beach. Best for sunsets in the evening.

Have fun.

Apart from that just explore

Agree with gwithian ....stayed at a place called The Caleeze just up from St godfreys lighthouse and that road along the coast that you mention is tops..just pull over now and again and admire the view

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Isn't there a que to get into Cornwall these days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here