Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa on Saturday (Warning: This Thread Contains Positivity)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Did a quick search but couldn’t see anything and I reckon deserves it’s own thread – what a performance on Saturday. Shearer-esque.

Obviously the goal was brilliant, as was the header onto the post. But what about the sheer unadulterated strength of this SUPERMAN when he received the ball, turned and surged past the Derby defence as if it were mere tall grass, swaying in the breeze of his wake?

There were moans of pleasure from all over W3D, let me tell ya.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
He was pure class. When Ulloa hit the post in the 2nd half you could help but feel he was the main man, if anything was going to happen it was through him.

Would love to see Becchio lining up alongside him v.soon!

Agreed, the guy has hit this season in blazing form, our best player by absolute miles, what a signing.

If only we had him for a full season last season, I'm convinced we would have finished ahead of Hull.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm surprised he didn't get man of the match he was clearly our best player.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Strength, ability and showing signs of positive maturity... I think.

With a developed midfield (give that time) and Ulloa (and others) upfront, we'll start scoring.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets hope he keeps it up, superb in the air. My only slight criticism was he seemed to lack a bit of pace compared to last year but I'm sure it will come with match fitness.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Lets hope he keeps it up, superb in the air. My only slight criticism was he seemed to lack a bit of pace compared to last year but I'm sure it will come with match fitness.

I noticed that too. Absent was his charge for possession, but as you say, it may be down to match fitness.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He was top drawer on saturday. He just needs a bit of help from the rest of the team. The header that hit the post was astonishing.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I though , two brilliant headers apart he looked pretty poor on Saturday. But like everyone apart from Calderon, Maxi, Ince and Barnes he didn't anywhere near match fit

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
He is looking big out there and in control with everything he does. I'm glad I stuck some cash on him to be top goalscorer this year.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Did a quick search but couldn’t see anything and I reckon deserves it’s own thread – what a performance on Saturday. Shearer-esque.

Obviously the goal was brilliant, as was the header onto the post. But what about the sheer unadulterated strength of this SUPERMAN when he received the ball, turned and surged past the Derby defence as if it were mere tall grass, swaying in the breeze of his wake?

There were moans of pleasure from all over W3D, let me tell ya.

You just had to go and spoil it didn't you. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here