Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA - incompetence knows no bounds

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Quote from vice-president Jim Boyce of FIFA (from BBC Website):

"[he].......also acknowledged that, before it voted in 2010 to award the event to Qatar,
Fifa did not fully consider the implications of playing there during the summer, when temperatures can
reach 50C...."

I mean ffs ...each of the countries that wanted to host the game had to prepare a dossier that
made the Encyclopedia Brittanica look like a 2-page leaflet and those ****** at FIFA couldn't
even be arsed to thing about basic, basic, basic logistics like the weather there. That would be
the first thing I'd think about - but maybe that's far too much common-sense.

Or am I being naive to think it was anything other to do with money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not just money. You forgot hookers, coke and cars.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sepp Blatter and his bunch of bent bellends. The FA should just boycott the whole fricking thing and tell the world it's our game and we want it back.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And garlands. He likes a good garland of flowers around his neck on a three-week football fact-finding mission to Tahiti.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not just money. You forgot hookers, coke and cars.

Sadly, I doubt you're far off.

Perhaps the Premier League could rally support from other associations, and we could see an ousting of the powers that be in FIFA, and see a new collaboration lead the way? Or perhaps that would split the sporting world in a way akin to boxing (I think it's boxing, but may be another martial art!).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sadly, I doubt you're far off.

Perhaps the Premier League could rally support from other associations, and we could see an ousting of the powers that be in FIFA, and see a new collaboration lead the way? Or perhaps that would split the sporting world in a way akin to boxing (I think it's boxing, but may be another martial art!).

If the FA had any gumption they'd tell them to do one. Oh hang on..what about the champions league and all that lovely money. FIFA have the whole world over a financial barrel and Blatter can continue to arse rape everyone as a consequence.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sepp Blatter and his bunch of bent bellends. The FA should just boycott the whole fricking thing and tell the world it's our game and we want it back.

This. Couldn't give a shite if England didn't bother with this tournament. The problem is other nations wouldn't and therefore the big clubs in the prem wouldn't have the majority of their squads for a month or so...

I still recall the spontaneous outburst of 60,000 football fans BOOING Blatter that was the highlight of the medals presentation ceremony after the Women's Olympic Football final.

[yt]ysjZYIeeMP8[/yt]

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sepp Bladder ! Same school of wankerness as Ken Master Bates !!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the FA had any gumption they'd tell them to do one. Oh hang on..what about the champions league and all that lovely money. FIFA have the whole world over a financial barrel and Blatter can continue to arse rape everyone as a consequence.

do they though? just where does the money from the World Cup go (and Euro Cup for that matter)? i'm sure there's lots of worth projects for grass roots football in back water towns of poor countries, but i doubt the European FAs and certainly not the clubs see alot of anything. i do wonder how impacted we and other europeans would be effected if we just told FIFA to do one.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
THIS, THIS and THIS.

There are kickbacks and brown envelopes everywhere, More so in football.

Everywhere in life, I'm afraid. In business I have studiously avoided it. I have been made aware in the past that more business would be put my way if a ' private arrangement ' could be reached. No thanks.
In sport, it has been going on for years. The worst offenders have been the IOC, FIFA, Boxing Authorites and the dwarf that 'controls ' F1 motor racing. Kick-backs, inducements, gifts, hospitality...it doesn't matter what you call it.
Its crooked.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
The whole thing is a massive mess.

They entered on the basis it would be a Summer World Cup, the nations voting were voting for a Summer World Cup.

It is quite obvious that Qatar do not deserve the World Cup and that they paid a lot of people a lot of money to get the World Cup.

If they cannot host the World Cup in their summer, they should be made to give up the rights to host the tournament. If FIFA allow it to be moved to the winter, then the top nations should boycott the tournament and bearing in mind Spain, Germany, France and Italy are all not happy about a potential move, I would like to see what FIFA do in the event of these nations boycotting.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
See Daily Mail on protests from England , France, Germany, Spain and Italy to change to winter option in Qatar. If these countries are opposed, but a winter WC gets the nod, then we could have a nice round robin tournement in Northern Europe instead, and FIFA would have no blackmail position re Champions League either. Though Petrolol Karozin v Coral Bay Corinthians would be a sellout CL final somewhere in Malta.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm looking forward to the Qatar World Cup, along with the January 2023 Cricket World Cup in Lapland.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Everywhere in life, I'm afraid. In business I have studiously avoided it. I have been made aware in the past that more business would be put my way if a ' private arrangement ' could be reached. No thanks.

I am involved in(amongst others) the building trade, you simply cannot avoid it here. You either pay you're dues so to speak or you dont get the work. I know a developer who has a contact in a council planning department and pays for his kids to go to private school. When I was working for someone else I used to have to drive down the A2 every three months and hand over a brown envelope to a surveyor for a very big developers. It is everywhere, personally the way I see it is I may as well pay it otherwise someone else will

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here