Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Lake District Lovers and you Favourite Lake ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The best place in the World for me. I have been there 5 times and it is stunning.

Wastwater for me. A bit off the track but moody and just beautiful.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My favorite place in the uk by a country mile. My wish list is the Cairngorms

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love Grasmere as well. Such a lovely walk to it. My heart belongs to the Lakes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My favorite place in the uk by a country mile. My wish list is the Cairngorms

Bit dull compared to western Scotland imho but depends what you're after. Very peaceful.

Gotta be wastwater for me, closely followed by Buttermere and Derwent Water. People who only go to Windermere dont know what they're missing. Kinda hope they stay there though so it stays peaceful further West.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wastwater is a moody son of a bitch. The shale banks and the remoteness of the place. I just LOVE this Lake.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love Buttermere close to Grasmere. A good walk to those two. When my Dog goes I am seriously considering selling up and moving there if I can to start a new life.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Wastwater. Well worth a swim under the screes on a hot day after climbing the Pike (albeit freezing and a bit dangerous)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Love Grasmere as well. Such a lovely walk to it. My heart belongs to the Lakes.

I'm with you on Grasmere but even better is Tarn Hows just North of Coniston Water.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Wast Water. Swimming in there is proper eerie: it's so deep and (because it's so clean) dark. Hard to explain, but I really felt scared.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Absolutely love it there. Elterwater a personal favourite. Nice pub called the Brittania. Lovely little walk along the lake to Chesters for tea and cake. Slightly harder walk over top to Grasmere and of course it sits at the end of the Langdale Valley where the walks are spectacular. Great National Trust campsite up the Langdale as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here