Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey Jude!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What happened to the pre match videos, fan zone and that Americam.
Americam could work but needs a bigger build up. Free gift if on but no one knew about it. This style of spy cam encourages couples to kiss or hit the person in front on the head!
Fan zone (welcome back!) but the music stopped before Hey Jude. Has Macca banned us from playing it? It is the single most sung track pre GOSBTS.:guitar::rock:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What the hell is Americam?
Exactly. It was a spot at about 2:40 where the camera, sponsered by AmEx, is pointed at someone and they then have to go to the front office for a prize.
Basketball does this big time. Things like 'wave your AmEx credit card' for a free upgrade to front row seats. Large chested girls are encouraged to pretend to be banging a drum (funny) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWH3YFZ2oQ
Sometimes it backfires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7PW2OMotQ

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I want it back because it's my middle name.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Exactly. It was a spot at about 2:40 where the camera, sponsered by AmEx, is pointed at someone and they then have to go to the front office for a prize.
Basketball does this big time. Things like 'wave your AmEx credit card' for a free upgrade to front row seats. Large chested girls are encouraged to pretend to be banging a drum (funny) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWH3YFZ2oQ
Sometimes it backfires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7PW2OMotQ

Unless they come to the concourse and film me with a pint... I will never be on it lol!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Agree fully that taking the hey Jude away is madness. Perhaps someone can explain why? Perhaps the majority of the 1901 faithfull have asked for it to be taken away because it causes people to sing, and they wouldn't want that kind of behaviour now would they........

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Everything seemed a bit of a mess yesterday, it had all been turned down as well. Couldn't hear much.

As much as I dislike most of the US style pre match build ups, we actually did it quite well but yesterday's was a bit shit.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It got dropped a couple of times last season, I think it was on the occasions where they had overrun and had to cut it short as teams were on their way out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It got dropped a couple of times last season, I think it was on the occasions where they had overrun and had to cut it short as teams were on their way out.
No. After Hey Jude comes a minute of nothing whilst the fans sing then the Albion video (all the greatest stuff) then a few minutes silence as we wait for GOSBTS.
Saturday there were gaps and so Jude could have been played.
Unless someone has to press eject on VHS video.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Also, was Storer's goal dropped from the build-up video too, or am I mistaken?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree fully that taking the hey Jude away is madness. Perhaps someone can explain why? Perhaps the majority of the 1901 faithfull have asked for it to be taken away because it causes people to sing, and they wouldn't want that kind of behaviour now would they........

:yawn:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Must be FFP, saving on pre-match entertainment.

I used to enjoy taking my seat 15 mins prior to KO. We had Gully's Girls, then fan zone, a good warm up.

Yesterday seemed a downer from the start. no hey jude and Storer's goal moved to the start of the vid clip when it was always a great climax. but then, move in the Corporate bods to mess things up. Doubt many of them know the iconic impact of that clip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here