Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good omen thread. The season will improve BECAUSE...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
...walking in town earlier wearing my red SANDTEX Super League 80‘s away shirt, a passing bird decided to sh*t from on high right down the front of it :ohmy:

Deffo a good omen, or what :thumbsup:

Please post any other portentious events :)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We've only played two league games, give the players time to get used to the "Oscar way", other signings to come,
Get over Gus he's ****ing gone and that is that. !!
Best home crowds in the division bar one or two and one of the best if not THE best away following in the division.:thumbsup:
Need I go on ?????? :wozza:

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I said in the match thread

After one game
2012-13: 17th
2013-14: 15th

After two games
2012-13: 21st
2013-14: 19th

Keep that up and we'll finish 2nd!

Dec 29, 2011
1st December, 2012. Bolton had played 20, won 6, drawn 7 and lost 7. They were 18th in the League. They put a run of wins together and were in the playoffs on 13th April, just 5 months later. Losing our first two games means nothing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We have good players and some even better ones to come back into the side. Plus we're scoring goals and creating plenty of chances. Not scoring goals is a harder problem to fix than sorting out sloppy defending.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
1st December, 2012. Bolton had played 20, won 6, drawn 7 and lost 7. They were 18th in the League. They put a run of wins together and were in the playoffs on 13th April, just 5 months later. Losing our first two games means nothing.

Why do people assume that we will just follow the same pattern as other teams have done. we have no right to win any of our games.

losing the first two games does mean something.......it means we have 0 points!! so far.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The real issue here lies with our finishing, although some mistakes in our defence has worried me. I don't think Garcia can really get his guys to score from the sideline. We'll just have to ensure our strikers are truly training as hard as they can in scenarios where the ball is in the box so they can enhance their finishing.

Aug 23, 2011
Why do people assume that we will just follow the same pattern as other teams have done. we have no right to win any of our games.

losing the first two games does mean something.......it means we have 0 points!! so far.

It's not an assumption, just people pointing out that it happens all the time. Weren't reading in a rubbish position the season they went up after a few games? Additionally man utd notoriously start badly and it doesn't seem to affect them too much

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are drifting in the betting market.

Once we reach the tipping point TB will bet everything on us being Champions.
He'll clear the debt, plus fund next Summer's Messi transfer.

Dec 29, 2011
It's not an assumption, just people pointing out that it happens all the time. Weren't reading in a rubbish position the season they went up after a few games? Additionally man utd notoriously start badly and it doesn't seem to affect them too much
Thanks for explain what I would have assumed is obvious to everyone. Perhaps not.

I would rather win 6 and lose 12 games than sit through 18 draws .

Agree :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season it took a long time to realise that being the only team not to lose, in a division where everybody could (and would) beat everybody else, was a bonus.

I can't believe it'll be that division again.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Last season it took a long time to realise that being the only team not to lose, in a division where everybody could (and would) beat everybody else, was a bonus.

I can't believe it'll be that division again.

It was, but fans still moaned about too many draws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here