Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st game of season should sell out myth?

Feb 14, 2010
Who thought this one up? Never was at the Goldstone unless we had an Arsenal or something and how many clubs in the Championship sold out for their first game? Just one, Leeds after they had got rid of Bates and sold cheap tickets. Its amazing how utter tripe gets served up as established wisdom. 26000 for Derby at home when everyone is on holiday or down the beach or whatever is fantastic support. Palace will hardly get 26000 for half their games in the Premier League. The Albion had bigger gates than Leeds last year, and got 30,000 for Rochdale in the Goldstone days. This club are lucky with its support, always has been but as usual the players are letting us down.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Who thought this one up? Never was at the Goldstone unless we had an Arsenal or something and how many clubs in the Championship sold out for their first game? Just one, Leeds after they had got rid of Bates and sold cheap tickets. Its amazing how utter tripe gets served up as established wisdom. 26000 for Derby at home when everyone is on holiday or down the beach or whatever is fantastic support. Palace will hardly get 26000 for half their games in the Premier League. The Albion had bigger gates than Leeds last year, and got 30,000 for Rochdale in the Goldstone days. This club are lucky with its support, always has been but as usual the players are letting us down.

Who thought that then?

First game in div 1 (premier) WE DID PLAY ARSENAL AND HAD AROUND 5,000 SHORT OF CAPACITY???

the zap

Jan 6, 2012

Except for all the years at the withdean !

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We have a great area to draw fans from we should continue to get new young fans for the future to replace natural wastage! And fans who buy tickets for the Palarse !!! The club sometimes makes it sound complicated to get tickets I still have friends who watch The Albion years ago and I believe one game at the Amex will get them hooked again. Please make it easier and it may be me but I think our web site is shit. Surpoter since 1964 I also think the club could help the fans that travel a long way and can't make midweek games!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here