Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's happened to our football?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Second game I have watched under Oscar. Like other people I have to ask, where has the organisation gone. We looked all over the place yesterday. We are miles miles better than this. We still have the same team. Let's hope team Oscar get it sorted soon, we must give him some time. My biggest concern is the players, I just hope heads don't start dropping and we fall in to a rot, that is scary place to be.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Second game I have watched under Oscar. Like other people I have to ask, where has the organisation gone. We looked all over the place yesterday. We are miles miles better than this. We still have the same team. Let's hope team Oscar get it sorted soon, we must give him some time. My biggest concern is the players, I just hope heads don't start dropping and we fall in to a rot, that is scary place to be.

Er, we don't have the same team - the starting XI yesterday was massively different from last season.

New manager, new players, new way of playing. It is bound to take time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Patience is a virtue

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
bashlsdir is right to be worried though. I am worried and I'm the eternal optimist as far as the Albion is concerned. Having experienced the halcyon days of last season, I wonder whether we can ever re-create that or whether we have returned to our mid table slot. How many more seasons will we have to wait to get into the playoffs and have a chance of a shot at the Premier. Oscar may be new, the team may be different, but does he have enough, or any, managerial experience to get us to where we want to be. Once the players get into that losing mentality, their heads do drop and we continue to lose games. I am not expecting miracles, or answers to these questions, because at this stage of the season there are none, but I truly hope that my worries are unfounded.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Er, we don't have the same team - the starting XI yesterday was massively different from last season.

New manager, new players, new way of playing. It is bound to take time.

Mostly this but if anything does worry me it's David Burke players coming in to Oscar Garcia tactics. As someone said to me after the game all Oscar's contacts are in Spain and here we are signing Irishmen from Bolton.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
bashlsdir is right to be worried though. I am worried and I'm the eternal optimist as far as the Albion is concerned. Having experienced the halcyon days of last season, I wonder whether we can ever re-create that or whether we have returned to our mid table slot. How many more seasons will we have to wait to get into the playoffs and have a chance of a shot at the Premier. Oscar may be new, the team may be different, but does he have enough, or any, managerial experience to get us to where we want to be. Once the players get into that losing mentality, their heads do drop and we continue to lose games. I am not expecting miracles, or answers to these questions, because at this stage of the season there are none, but I truly hope that my worries are unfounded.

A mid-table finish would be nothing to get too upset about, so long as the team is building towards being stronger next season. I think the club, quite sensibly, are looking to grow steadily but surely towards being in the Prem some time in the next few years, and towards being strong enough to stay there. It's a case of slowly but surely, not now or never (even if some say that was the case re. last May, if that was so the boat has sailed anyway)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A mid-table finish would be nothing to get too upset about, so long as the team is building towards being stronger next season. I think the club, quite sensibly, are looking to grow steadily but surely towards being in the Prem some time in the next few years, and towards being strong enough to stay there. It's a case of slowly but surely, not now or never (even if some say that was the case re. last May, if that was so the boat has sailed anyway)

I don't think the club have ever said this. Given the financial impact I'd imagine they want in the Prem sooner rather than later, which isn't now or never btw. I'd have thought expectations were very high

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Incey impressed me yesterday. A little clumsy, immature perhaps, but a big solid bulk of football is he.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We still have the same team.

Erm..... our best player injured leaving a dev squad player to cover (which btw loads of people were pressing for on here). Orlandi missing. David with no pre season. Hardly the same team.

Should have drawn away. Making xhance after chance yestetday despite missing/new/young players. Two games played ffs. We'll be fine.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Steady in the ranks, don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes! Two marginal games, it will come and when Ulloa and CMS play together up front in ernest, we're gonna score hatfuls. Its coming be patient.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
it will come and when Ulloa and CMS play together up front in ernest, we're gonna score hatfuls. Its coming be patient.

That is the vital point by the time CMS is fit September /October OG will have had 3 months working with the team to organise them because at the moment they look like a shambles who dont know what they are doing or supposed to do. This is all down to the timing and delay of appointing OG.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

With all those misgivings (and that contradiction in terms) you're certainly not the eternal optimist!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Mostly this but if anything does worry me it's David Burke players coming in to Oscar Garcia tactics. As someone said to me after the game all Oscar's contacts are in Spain and here we are signing Irishmen from Bolton.

This is my worries, players coming in who clearly aren't OG players

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Steady in the ranks, don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes! Two marginal games, it will come and when Ulloa and CMS play together up front in ernest, we're gonna score hatfuls. Its coming be patient.

Im sure @ernest will be delighted.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
With all those misgivings (and that contradiction in terms) you're certainly not the eternal optimist!

I was making a comparison between last season and this and my misgivings about that. I try to be an optimist and even when we were scraping the bottom of various leagues or divisions I still remained behind the team.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
All will come good. He just needs time with the team to get them playing they way he wants and they need to understand what he wants from them.
We need to get behind the team and make the ground buzz and make the players think wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here