Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the point ... ?

... of the advert that appears on the large screen at the Amex inviting me to download an app for my Android device "NOW", if there's no wifi service available and 3G phone service is so appalling?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Amex App worked ok yesterday and I managed to send a few texts with no delay on them at all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Has the club tried turning the large screen off and then on again?

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't get this I get super 3G I my seat and in the lounges.(EE) Also use Bhafchotspot or Amex Events, just ask a staff member for the code. However no service at all at South end of stadium.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Must say it is one of the places where the 3 network gives a really good service.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
20,000 mobile phones in a small area will test any network.

Perhaps the OP should talk to Vodafone/O2/3 or whoever although I sense he is trying to draw out a few of the anti-Barber noddies (again).

To be fair to the club didn't they look into this a little while ago, suggest that we may be able to sign up to some sort of bandwidth sharing arrangement? I am not a techie at all so didn't really understand the detail. Although I get intermittent service in the WSU I am quite happy to live without mobile contact for a couple of hours!!

Anyway, did anything come of the 'project' as I do recall filling out an online questionnaire about it?

Perhaps the OP should talk to Vodafone/O2/3 or whoever although I sense he is trying to draw out a few of the anti-Barber noddies (again).
There's no anti-Barber theme here, simply a suggestion that the Club does something to provide a useful service that it is being advertised to customers, but isn't actually available to people who might want to use it.

What has emerged from the discussion so far is that, as a 3G user on O2, I seem to be disadvantaged. Decent stadium-wide wifi would help overcome that, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here