Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrews for Barnes - why?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else find this substitution bizarre? Losing with 20 mins to go and we take off one of our two strikers and replace him with a midfielder. That's what you do when you're trying to protect a lead, isn't it?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Anyone else find this substitution bizarre? Losing with 20 mins to go and we take off one of our two strikers and replace him with a midfielder. That's what you do when you're trying to protect a lead, isn't it?

I'm sure I saw Barnes signal to the bench just before he was subbed. Not sure what for, maybe it was just a pre-cautionary substitution.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Albion went to a diamond formation (albeit only for a few minutes before KLL came on).
Ince
Lopez Andrews
Agustien

Buckley Ulloa

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Not really.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
OG has obviously seen through Barnes, and has done the usual and given him two and a bit games, then hooked him. Don't expect him to be starting again soon tbh...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funny that - I didn't think he put a foot wrong today. Just didn't see enough of the ball thanks to the chaotic style of play.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Funny that - I didn't think he put a foot wrong today. Just didn't see enough of the ball thanks to the chaotic style of play.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376168401.533857.jpg

Did you leave these at home?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
that's the fella. You've got him. Same bloke that missed 4 great chances against Newport the other night. As for exquisite I think you might be overplaying that a bit mate!
And also scored one on Tuesday. And it is also the same bloke that played a great through ball to Ulloa in the first half today and made other great passes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the same, very weird sub, Lua Lua should of been bought on, or atleast bought on 15mins earlier.

Why? As usual he did nothing when he came on other than get a couple of free kicks. He seemed to be stuck in the middle and only had a run when he went wide on the left which earned the free kicks. I thought the worst substitution was bringing on Solly March with 4 mins to go and the not giving the ball to him

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why? As usual he did nothing when he came on other than get a couple of free kicks. He seemed to be stuck in the middle and only had a run when he went wide on the left which earned the free kicks. I thought the worst substitution was bringing on Solly March with 4 mins to go and the not giving the ball to him

I agree that the March substitution was a waste, however Kaz was a threat as usual.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here