Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our downfall as fans?

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
I agree that we didnt play our best football today by a long mile but don't you think it is fair that if we expect our players to turn up and perform then we should perform well as fans too. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I am a perfect fan as we all have our flaws but today I felt as if there were only a handful of people that were behind the team as much as they could have been? I'm not going to say that when we do something wrong we shouldn't moan because that won't ever happen and it's the normal response to someone doing something that you think was wrong. But I will say that if you can put loads of effort into moaning at our team then why don't you put as much effort, or in fact more effort, into getting behind our team? We went to Leeds last week and the stadium was rocking. At times in the match the majority of fans were singing. Of course when something went wrong they gave out a little moan but they were behind the team for the majority of the 90 minutes and their presence was felt almost all game. If our fans had been like the Leeds fans last week then the AMEX would have been rocking. I believe a lot in having a 12th man but I also believe that when the moaning is louder and more consistent than the singing and encouragement then the home advantage can become a disadvantage. So can all those people that moan also put as much effort into getting behind the team and not only may it help the players but I'm sure it makes for a better day out at the footy? Lets hope we have 3 points this time in 2 weeks, keep the faith!

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Hopefully 3pts on the day, not in total including Brum result as well!

Sitting in the North end it is difficult to account for other stands but the atmosphere and momentum was there in the first half even if it took a couple of minutes to pick up after the equaliser. The second goal seemed to take the wind out of everyone's sails but it was clear that when the chances kept coming late in the second half, coupled with the poor refereeing the atmos picked up again. If we hadn't had that run of chances, or worse, conceded another it would have made it more difficult to generate that same togetherness in the crowd that a team playing well, even when losing, can generate.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Lets hope we have 6pts this time in two weeks!. As for Leeds, 10,000 of that home crowd went missing last season for most matches,as in not being at Elland Road, that's not what I call good support. But when they can be up for it, they are loud.

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
Sorry but have to disagree, West is silent for a lot of the game and the north didnt help? I thought the north was pretty poor today compared to last season. In fact after we went 1-0 up it wasn't much better other than the 5 minutes afterwards. I don't understand why it takes referees decisions to get people going.

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
Lets hope we have 6pts this time in two weeks!. As for Leeds, 10,000 of that home crowd went missing last season for most matches,as in not being at Elland Road, that's not what I call good support. But when they can be up for it, they are loud.

I'd love six but can't see us winning our next two games considering we will still be missing key players

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Sorry, i think i maybe part of the problem.

It's simple, I DONT LIKE SINGING...... GET......OVER.....IT.

I got to football to watch football.

I cheer, i clap, i shout good stuff and some times i get humpy, BUT I DON'T SING.

You pays your money you takes your choice

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry but have to disagree, West is silent for a lot of the game and the north didnt help? I thought the north was pretty poor today compared to last season. In fact after we went 1-0 up it wasn't much better other than the 5 minutes afterwards. I don't understand why it takes referees decisions to get people going.

Wasn't a great deal to get excited about.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012

Not a Leeds fan but i must highlight the fact that those 10,000 fans missing were boycotting due to the gross mismanagement of the club by Bates and the abuse the fans have been constantly subjected to during his despotic rule. With the new ownership and the competitive team being grafted under the competent leadership of Mcdermott they are now ending their boycott (Bates has officially been removed entirely from the club, allegedly for placing a private jet under the clubs expenses). I am glad another club has good solid ownership as it makes it better for the league in general, and after the years we have suffered we can only wish the best for other clubs in this regard.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I agree that we didnt play our best football today by a long mile but don't you think it is fair that if we expect our players to turn up and perform then we should perform well as fans too. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I am a perfect fan as we all have our flaws but today I felt as if there were only a handful of people that were behind the team as much as they could have been? I'm not going to say that when we do something wrong we shouldn't moan because that won't ever happen and it's the normal response to someone doing something that you think was wrong. But I will say that if you can put loads of effort into moaning at our team then why don't you put as much effort, or in fact more effort, into getting behind our team? We went to Leeds last week and the stadium was rocking. At times in the match the majority of fans were singing. Of course when something went wrong they gave out a little moan but they were behind the team for the majority of the 90 minutes and their presence was felt almost all game. If our fans had been like the Leeds fans last week then the AMEX would have been rocking. I believe a lot in having a 12th man but I also believe that when the moaning is louder and more consistent than the singing and encouragement then the home advantage can become a disadvantage. So can all those people that moan also put as much effort into getting behind the team and not only may it help the players but I'm sure it makes for a better day out at the footy? Lets hope we have 3 points this time in 2 weeks, keep the faith!

Yep, have been saying it for ages. The only time the crowd got passionate on tuesday was when the red card was shown to Calde.
Someone mentioned this on another thread, something about a missing age group, 25-35yr olds that is making The Amex less noisy.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What do you expect when 19 odd thousand of the fans only started supporting the club a couple of years ago.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not a Leeds fan but i must highlight the fact that those 10,000 fans missing were boycotting due to the gross mismanagement of the club by Bates and the abuse the fans have been constantly subjected to during his despotic rule. With the new ownership and the competitive team being grafted under the competent leadership of Mcdermott they are now ending their boycott (Bates has officially been removed entirely from the club, allegedly for placing a private jet under the clubs expenses). I am glad another club has good solid ownership as it makes it better for the league in general, and after the years we have suffered we can only wish the best for other clubs in this regard.

Yes, some valid points made.

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
We don't have a lack of people at games, we have a lack of SUPPORTers. I'm just saying that if all the fans who moan about the Albion sung instead we would have 100% better, louder and a more effective support!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
We certainly weren't as loud as we can be today, but it's not surprising considering the performance. However talking to a couple of Derby fans after the match, they were impressed by the noise we made and said were a lot louder that most home fans in this division.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
26,000 turned up to watch us get stuffed by a team that has finished in mid-table for the last five years and will almost certainly finish there again this year, if not lower. How can the support possibly be the problem?
This is a worry even in our first season in the championship we turned Derby over.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
What do you expect when 19 odd thousand of the fans only started supporting the club a couple of years ago.

How can you claim that when we took 30,000+ to the play offs in Cardiff in 2004? The stadium holds far more people and is a far nicer place to see football so it presents the opportunity for thousands more fans to be accommodated who couldn't previously. There naturally will be new fans but this is something positive as we need to grow as a club for the success we all desire and reflects the increased profile of the club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here