[Official Site] Andrews: Experiences Influenced Move

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
andrews-l229-983866_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:57 10th August 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
Keith Andrews has revealed his past experiences when playing Albion had played a part in his decision to join the club.The latest addition to Oscar Garcia’s squad - on a season-long loan from Bolton - made his debut as a second-half sub against Derby to complete a whirlwind week.
The midfielder told seagulls.co.uk, "Brighton have always been an absolute nightmare to play against - it’s the way they dominate possession so, as the opposition, this isn’t a place you look forward to coming too. You know you’re always in for a tough afternoon.
“I played a game for Bolton on Tuesday and trained Thursday as normal. Then I had a few calls Thursday afternoon and it all happened very quickly and I arrived here yesterday at noon.
“I want to play at the highest level that I can and that’s why I’m here. I’m joining a squad that has a wealth of experience that will make me become the player I know I can be. The style of football that they play here was also something that really appealed to me."
As for the role he may be asked to fulfil in Garcia’s side, the Republic of Ireland international admits he is happy to play wherever he is asked.
“I’m quite adaptable. I still feel I can get forward and chip in with a few goals by playing a little bit more advanced but, equally, if the manager wants me to sit in front of the back four then that’s something I’m very happy to do to.
“I feel like I can have a big impact here. I’ve got a very good feeling about the place and the people have made me feel very welcome. I’m sure the results will come.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here