Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

food - poor service poor quality

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
Cold pie today. Waited 20 mins at half time for pie. Then finally got it, also tried for food before game, only chips on offer. Staff member didn't care less.

In summary. Sort it out, terrible. Spoke with senior steward, was that peed off, will the board listen. What a disgrace

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Cold pie today. Waited 20 mins at half time for pie. Then finally got it, also tried for food before game, only chips on offer. Staff member didn't care less.

In summary. Sort it out, terrible. Spoke with senior steward, was that peed off, will the board listen. What a disgrace

You will not give them a little break as it was the first big game of the season?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair it has been shite with Azure, Lindley Group when trying to address the issues and making progress dumped for no reason and now the new caterers.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair it has been shite with Azure, Lindley Group when trying to address the issues and making progress dumped for no reason and now the new caterers.

Lindley Group were not dumped for no reason, when Azure were kicked out it was announced that the people that took over would be doing so until the end of the season when the club would put it out for proper tender.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lindley Group were not dumped for no reason, when Azure were kicked out it was announced that the people that took over would be doing so until the end of the season when the club would put it out for proper tender.

no no no, that can't be right. Of course the club "dumped Lindleys" for no reason.......just so US could have another pop! (ps I suspect the new caterers came up with a better proposal)

D

Deleted member 2719

The lindley group had sussed it.

This lot were awful up the WSU i asked for a pie and two pints and the pints had more head than most on here have had for a lifetime.
The serving took nearly 5 minutes with no queue at all (1pm), i asked what beers they now served and they struggled to name them, i also said do i get 15% off because of the time, they didn't know.

They were piss poor.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We had a great experience today to, quick service, 2 pie and pint deals. Having duly collected and retreated from the serving counter, we started to tuck in, 2 x steak and ale ordered but only 1 was steak and ale the other was chicken and something. Took that back and it was changed for another steak and ale. Only trouble was that the replacement was a slightly dry pie that can only be described as having a filling made from cat-food. It paid no resemblance to my partner’s steak and ale, which she delighted in advising, was excellent.

After a number of poor food and drink incidents last season, we have decided that enough is enough. WSL concourse was noticeably quieter today than last season. This may be the fact that a number of supporters are on holiday, but I suspect that a number of supporters are fed up with being taking for a ride and believing that the club is starting to take the piss. i.e. Increasing the travel subsidy but removing the bus services after the increase, improving the quality of service on the concourses but still poor quality food.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
North stand. Pie before the game was good.

Post-match however: no pies, no burgers, no hot dogs. Just the crappy chips. Forget it. Oh and not to mention it was heaving, only half of the kiosk was open, and the new(ish) kiosk at the east end of the NS wasn't even open.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
We had a great experience today to, quick service, 2 pie and pint deals. Having duly collected and retreated from the serving counter, we started to tuck in, 2 x steak and ale ordered but only 1 was steak and ale the other was chicken and something. Took that back and it was changed for another steak and ale. Only trouble was that the replacement was a slightly dry pie that can only be described as having a filling made from cat-food. It paid no resemblance to my partner’s steak and ale, which she delighted in advising, was excellent.

After a number of poor food and drink incidents last season, we have decided that enough is enough. WSL concourse was noticeably quieter today than last season. This may be the fact that a number of supporters are on holiday, but I suspect that a number of supporters are fed up with being taking for a ride and believing that the club is starting to take the piss. i.e. Increasing the travel subsidy but removing the bus services after the increase, improving the quality of service on the concourses but still poor quality food.

Swan pub is getting to be a much better option every game,Greater variety of beers,a PORTION of chips if you want them and the burgers aint bad. and all cheaper than the ground even allowing for discounts. 2 pints at Falmer £7.80 the same in the Swan £6.40.

The pity is I would rather give my money to the club but I will no longer be taken for a mug.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
My cheeseburger in WSU was without doubt the worst food I have experienced in my 67yrs. The bun was stale and the burger was cremated and for that privilege I was charged £6 with soft drink. If its as bad in two weeks time I'll bring sandwiches with me!!!!!!.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The WSL after the game was awful at one end up the souith end there was 2 tills being worked by 2 people and 2 other people pouring the beers for the till operators and 8 yes 8 people standing around doing nothing behind the counter and 1 leaning on a broom British Rail or Council style. An irate customer/fan mentioned the club want us to stay behind and spend money but it was impossible because the queue was so long and the service so slow. A chap presumably a supervisor said they have to close all the tills bar 2 at the end of half time and only open the 2 at the end of the game

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have been quick to complain about the pies in the past. The Norwich game, I had one of the dry crust cat food pies. This week, the Earle family had three chicken and ham pies - all excellent. Plump pies full of meat and a little leek, light pastry, perfect with a little ketcup and presented in a firm polystyrene type container so I could enjoy it with a wooden fork. Temperature just right rather than microwaved within an inch of it's life or baked rock hard. Well done Piglets and the catering guys in WSL. Plus 15% cashback presumably as it was only 1.25pm. Perfect.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Did'nt have a pie myself today but having watched people around me tucking into their's and smelt them as well I wish I had, And for what it's worth you could tell the way they were eating them they were hot.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
NS was abysmal at half time. Very slow. Left on the stroke of half time whistle. Got served two minutes after game re-started. Completely out of pies, only the rip off chips. I didn't bother.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Had probably the best Steak and Ale pie I've had since the Amrx opened today, big complaint was the beer selection. Last game of last season we had a choice of Kronnenberg, Hophead, Fosters and Harveys in the ESL. Today it was a choice of Fosters and Harveys only.

Still saved me a good £12 on the three pints I would have had if there had been something half drinkable this afternoon. Pie was throughly enjoyable though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here