Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't blame Oscar

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The club (Bloom) decided they wanted a change, they then flagged about doing it and Oscar came in late on.

He is now trying to change the style of football and effectively start again. This will take time. I just hope that he is given. Our new fans are not very used to suffering defeats and Bloom will need to stay strongly behind Oscar.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I DON'T blame Oscar , I'm interested to know how much of a say he's had in the transfers mind..

I DO blame the team , no heart , no ability , no urgency - attack falls apart in the final few moves and the defence falls apart if tested.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think oscar deserves any criticism yet, but I don't buy the "he came late" argument. He started two days after the players returned from pre-season, two days which reportedly are traditionally spent by the squad in the company of the medical teams, not the manager or head coach. He was also expected to sign for weeks prior to his actual signing, so I suspect he was watching dvds and so on prior to coming.

By all means argue he hasn't had enough time to get the squad playing his way, or getting a squad that is more "his" (as much as the current player recruitment set up lets a head coach make the squad his), but he didn't come in late.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club (Bloom) decided they wanted a change, they then flagged about doing it and Oscar came in late on.

He is now trying to change the style of football and effectively start again. This will take time. I just hope that he is given. Our new fans are not very used to suffering defeats and Bloom will need to stay strongly behind Oscar.

That is about rights as we are making mistake and playing like most teams do in pre season friendlies so are about 3 weeks behind the times. The problem as I see it is that TB and the board took legal advice and f....d about with investigations etc when they should have had the courage of their conviction and said we have sacked GP and appointed a head coach next day. It is said that OG was on their radar for 3 weeks plus before he was appointed and as such we re now suffering. I think that we will either be a very good side by the end of September if OG can bring in the players he wants or he will walk away.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I don't think oscar deserves any criticism yet, but I don't buy the "he came late" argument. He started two days after the players returned from pre-season, two days which reportedly are traditionally spent by the squad in the company of the medical teams, not the manager or head coach. He was also expected to sign for weeks prior to his actual signing, so I suspect he was watching dvds and so on prior to coming.

By all means argue he hasn't had enough time to get the squad playing his way, or getting a squad that is more "his" (as much as the current player recruitment set up lets a head coach make the squad his), but he didn't come in late.

But the planning for the new season does not start when the players get back, the manager needs to be thinking about the next term during the last few months of the season. Oscar had to learn about all the players from scratch, learn about the UK market and the clubs financial situation. He did not get to decide who came and went from the retained list as it was done a few weeks before he arrived. We will see Team Oscar soon, but it will be a few weeks or even a few months.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't blame Oscar, it will take time to adjust in just the same as it took time for Gus except we are a league higher and we need to improve lots of little things IMO. At times the players from last season reverted back a year, and looked very uncomfortable getting forward with pace. Personally I like the attackers interchanging positions as it confuses the players defending against them, but today it also confused our players more.
I think once we "click" it will be a thing of beauty.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we had started the season with the same manager as we ended we clearly would have been better placed o start the season well. No disruption, no new getting to know coaches etc. but most importantly we wouldn't have been going through the transitional stage we are now which come with EVERY manager change.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
If we had started the season with the same manager as we ended we clearly would have been better placed o start the season well. No disruption, no new getting to know coaches etc. but most importantly we wouldn't have been going through the transitional stage we are now which come with EVERY manager change.

And it was our own manager who made sure we had to make the change, not the club of course

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I certainly don't blame Oscar. I do have a question though, somewhere in the LMA handbook does it state "no matter how depleted your team is, and however much you are chasing a game you CANNOT START LuaLua or introduce him before the 70 minute mark".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be behind Oscar but seriously worried his appointment was a kneejerk reaction, just to get someone in.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am firmly on the Bloom Bus, so if that means Oscar and time to get things right that's okay by me, but i do worry about the JCL's patience.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here