Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attention virgin club at falmer members

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The days of parking at the club and leaving it there and collecting are on their way out!

Check out the parking restrictions now in place at the club. The signs are up.

You can park at the club for 4 hours MAXIMUM and the cameras are being fitted by the entrance to catch you going in and whe you go out. If you stay at the club longer than 4 hours, you have to have made sure you have swiped your membership card in the 4 hours window and you will be reset for another 4 hours. If not they will fine you automatically.

So if you get to the club at1 which I know there is a lot of people who do, you will need to be out by 5 or it's an £100 fine. People will just about manage this on league games but if it is a cup game and it goes into extra time, it my be a problem. BTW. The club have engaged the same people who run asda car park and will adopt their " fine though the post" system.

Also there is to be a zero tolerance of people who are not members parking in the car park as seemly last year this accounted for a lot of arguments and complaints from members. Today saw club stewards on the gate checking people were displaying their membership stickers.

So looks like the people who joined the gym just to get convenient parking are going to be disappointed from now on.

Btw. Anyone else notice the dramatic lack of stewards on village way allowing many people to block the road to pick people up?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So if you get to the club at1 which I know there is a lot of people who do, you will need to be out by 5 or it's an £100 fine. People will just about manage this on league games but if it is a cup game and it goes into extra time, it my be a problem. BTW. The club have engaged the same people who run asda car park and will adopt their " fine though the post" system.

They can be ignored then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They can be ignored then.

Dunno...the club manager said they have looked into it and they go through dvlc or something. He seemed to think it works at other clubs!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Dunno...the club manager said they have looked into it and they go through dvlc or something. He seemed to think it works at other clubs!

Any minute now that female poster will all over this thread like a rash with a link to Pepipoo.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Any minute now that female poster will all over this thread like a rash with a link to Pepipoo.

Knowing virgin, if you challenge it, the buggers will just cancel your membership......they are very dictatorial these days.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There is nothing they can do. Ignore any tickets they might issue.

Whilst I wouldn't advocate trying to park there if you're not a member, if you have paid your fees then you've every right. When I originally signed up I made it clear I was a season ticket holder and the staff told me as an added bonus of membership, I could park there for free during matches.

As it happens I got fed up with it after a few games because the queues to get out are worse than the queues for the train, but don't let them bully you into thinking you can't do it anymore.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The days of parking at the club and leaving it there and collecting are on their way out!

You can park at the club for 4 hours MAXIMUM and the cameras are being fitted by the entrance to catch you going in and whe you go out. If you stay at the club longer than 4 hours, you have to have made sure you have swiped your membership card in the 4 hours window and you will be reset for another 4 hours. If not they will fine you automatically.

Also there is to be a zero tolerance of people who are not members parking in the car park as seemly last year this accounted for a lot of arguments and complaints from members. Today saw club stewards on the gate checking people were displaying their membership stickers.

So looks like the people who joined the gym just to get convenient parking are going to be disappointed from now on.

Btw. Anyone else notice the dramatic lack of stewards on village way allowing many people to block the road to pick people up?

So, have you quit the Gym then granny?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008

The Village Way issue has been live since the first day, or at least the Tottenham game. The club encourage use of the normal bus routes such as 23 and 25. Many people continue to experience lengthy waiting times which are not only to do with the buses arriving promptly which is also an issue. Time has come for all pick ups to be done well away from the stadium. If the club (and the filth) enforced it with more vigour, the percentage of unnecessary car use at the stadium would diminsh. Some people may have to walk a bit further than they are used to.

Last edited:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Virgin have had people on the gate since the pre season started. I am a member but I got challenged when I parked up and didn't go in to the gym. They seem to have changed their position. Last season it brought in lots of extra revenue for people eating and drinking in the bar before games, not so this season I guess.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Virgin have had people on the gate since the pre season started. I am a member but I got challenged when I parked up and didn't go in to the gym. They seem to have changed their position. Last season it brought in lots of extra revenue for people eating and drinking in the bar before games, not so this season I guess.

We do James's Pilates session at 12:30 for an hour which means we go for a swim at 1:30 and then a meal at 2 ish which means I get to the ground around 2:30/45. During the holidays it starts at 11:30, not 12:30!

I noticed today the burger and a pint offer wasn't on and the were definitely less people in the club with albion shirts on( and the car park was not full by any means). Last season they definitely encouraged people to park and eat at the club...as you say I wonder if this is now a thing of the past.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
We do James's Pilates session at 12:30 for an hour which means we go for a swim at 1:30 and then a meal at 2 ish which means I get to the ground around 2:30/45. During the holidays it starts at 11:30, not 12:30!

I noticed today the burger and a pint offer wasn't on and the were definitely less people in the club with albion shirts on( and the car park was not full by any means). Last season they definitely encouraged people to park and eat at the club...as you say I wonder if this is now a thing of the past.

Even on match days the car park was never full as many members simply didn't go at this time because of congestion. I always used to have a meal and a few drinks before I went up to the stadium. There were always big queues for food and drink and the restaurant area was always brimming before and after the game. Surely Virgin will notice a big difference? It's a shame really, as it was so convenient as a member to use it for this purpose too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Even on match days the car park was never full as many members simply didn't go at this time because of congestion. I always used to have a meal and a few drinks before I went up to the stadium. There were always big queues for food and drink and the restaurant area was always brimming before and after the game. Surely Virgin will notice a big difference? It's a shame really, as it was so convenient as a member to use it for this purpose too.

I can remember quite a few times it was packed as we had to park around the back of the indoor tennis courts and people circling around the car park getting frustrated and haranguing the staff. Even at 12:15 We are friends of a couple of staff members who were verbally abused by members not being able to park

Little tip...if you are going to use the gym, order your food for a particular time, then avoid the queues!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Sod off.

If people are forum-savvy enough to post here but are daft enough to want to pay fake PCNs then that's their lookout. If people want to look into it, things have changed a little as there is an appeals system called POPLA, hardly difficult to find on forums if they want guidance on how to win an appeal. People should no longer ignore - but don't pay these either.

Of course these companies get the DVLA data. The DVLA sell it to them at £2.50 a pop.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sod off.

If people are forum-savvy enough to post here but are daft enough to want to pay fake PCNs then that's their lookout. If people want to look into it, things have changed a little as there is an appeals system called POPLA, hardly difficult to find on forums if they want guidance on how to win an appeal. People should no longer ignore - but don't pay these either.

Of course these companies get the DVLA data. The DVLA sell it to them at £2.50 a pop.

LOL

Sod off.

But if you are abusing the rights they give to Gym members, it is the easiest thing for them to simply withdraw the membership arrangement and refuse you admission to their car park. This isn't a car park that is open to members of the public, and it's not regulated solely by the parking contractors.

D

Deleted User X18H

2:15 until 6:15?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

2:15 until 6:15?

I guess not?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here