Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A LOVELY Tribute to Roy Chuter in the match programme today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some great comments in a 4 page article in the match programme from Spencer Vignes, John Baine, Alan Wares, Julie Glendinning, Simon Levenson, Martin Perry, Ivor Caplin, Paul Camillin, Paul Samrah, Sarah Watts, Ian Hart and Tony Bloom.

You did your Friend, PROUD !

Made me well up reading it.

RIP, Roy.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I didnt know Roy, but was in awe of him after reading about his personality and his passion for the Albion.
After reading the thread about his passing, being a massive Bruce Springsteen fan, it struck me that Terry's song by Bruce was an apt tune for him.
Reading the lovely tribute to him today in the programme, I was chuffed to read Bruces words dedicated to Roy. And pleased to hear that they played that track on Tuesday( I wasnt there that night).
Here is that track, just listen to the lyrics, even if you dont like Bruce, seems to sum Roy up perfectly, even though I never met him.
RIP Roy, a true Albion legend

[yt]Avi4ucNc4FY[/yt]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I never met or talked to Roy but he lived life on his own terms and ended it on his own terms as far as I can see. A shocking waste of by all accounts of a wonderful Human Being who did so much for us to enjoy the match today at the Amex. A LOT of this was down to Roy I think. His Friends, especially Attilla did him PROUD in the last week so for this I raise a glass to you tonight Roy and thankyou for all you did. You will NEVER be forgotten.

p378949477-3.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here