Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke and barber

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
IMO Gus went because he stood up to these two idiots they need to be stopped. Is it not better for managers to sign players
or is Burke (Who is he?) got more knowledge than OG. Smoke signals coming over the hills say they are not liked at all.
I reckon another quid on the pies when Gus wins his case and exposes these morons. Just my opinion and if you don't like it
HGAF........................Time will tell. Oh! liking the new pie and soft drink deal instead of the pie and pint....WTF??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with not liking Burke signing players. It should be up to the manager to tell the chairman who he wants, then the chairman signs him. This 'director of football' post is a waste of money imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either you are privy to all kinds of behind the scenes workings at the Albion.

Or

You're an idiot.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not happy with the result (nor the performance of D'Urso) but it didn't take long for ignorant morons to start threads!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not happy with the result (nor the performance of D'Urso) but it didn't take long for ignorant morons to start threads!!!!!

What is ignorant about a thread stating that David Burke shouldn't be signing players? It should be up to the manager who he wants and the chairman who is signed. What does Oscar know about Agustien or Andrews?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What is ignorant about a thread stating that David Burke shouldn't be signing players? It should be up to the manager who he wants and the chairman who is signed. What does Oscar know about Agustien or Andrews?

Your making assumptions now, your assuming Oscar has had no say. For all we know he has.

It's CLEARLY a knee jerk reaction thread, why else has it been posted now ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your making assumptions now, your assuming Oscar has had no say. For all we know he has.

It's CLEARLY a knee jerk reaction thread, why else has it been posted now ?

The same subject has been covered a couple of times this week. Obviously the OP hasn't read them so has offered his own opinion on it. Oscar doesn't know the Championship so can only have seen reports or videos of these players.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The same subject has been covered a couple of times this week. Obviously the OP hasn't read them so has offered his own opinion on it. Oscar doesn't know the Championship so can only have seen reports or videos of these players.

Again, another assumption. When you assume something, it makes an ass out of you and me !!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
In all fairness to the OP there is something not right at the club at the moment.

Oscar isn't being allowed to sign the players he wants - only the ones Burke is "recommending" to him.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Firstly, I can't believe you assume Oscar is ignorant about these players. Secondly, do you really think Oscar would have chosen us and hung around if he wasn't happy with how player recruitment worked? Thirdly, Bloom has repeatedly said that nothing has changed in terms of player recruitment from when he has taken over as Chairman.

Agustien in particular, and Andrews look like promising signings.

Finally, it was Burke that called Nicky Shorey to have a preseason trial. If Burke is signing players with no other imput, why wasn't he kept? And why did Shorey say that he didn't feel the manager was impressed with him, and so wasn't kept on?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Barber = Bloom. The man who has put bus hand into his own pocket to pay for the Amex, the training ground and to cover the 8m annual loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
IMO Gus went because he stood up to these two idiots they need to be stopped. Is it not better for managers to sign players
or is Burke (Who is he?) got more knowledge than OG. Smoke signals coming over the hills say they are not liked at all.
I reckon another quid on the pies when Gus wins his case and exposes these morons. Just my opinion and if you don't like it
HGAF........................Time will tell. Oh! liking the new pie and soft drink deal instead of the pie and pint....WTF??

Knob.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You love cliches, don't you?
Ok if Oscar has chosen these players, then he needs to get more out of them. Somehow, I doubt it.

There has been no problem with Agustien's performances, he was just plain knackered today. Andrews did okay as a sub given the lateness since joining us. Neither player should be blamed for the loss today. And Oscar was not forced to bring him on, was he?

I understand that people want to vent after today, it was frustrating. But just give it time. I'm sure Watford fans were nervous at the start of last season - but look how that ended up, and where they are now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here