Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I don't understand why we have signed Andrews

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like him as a player, so not having a pop at him. But I really don't get it. Jake Forster-Caskey just needs a run in the side. Ironic that we play Derby today with Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick in their midfield, they weren't frightened to play them. Why are we so afraid to play JFC, and consistently sign players to block his path?

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I like him as a player, so not having a pop at him. But I really don't get it. Jake Forster-Caskey just needs a run in the side. Ironic that we play Derby today with Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick in their midfield, they weren't frightened to play them. Why are we so afraid to play JFC, and consistently sign players to block his path?

i agree. also, why would we loan a player who isn't good enough to get in front of at least 2 other players (in his position) at a club who are at best at our level!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We've lost Vicente , Hammond and Dicker out of the midfield , Andrew and Agustein have come in as replacements which allows JFC to fill one of the three vacancies in the 1st team squad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think JFC has grabbed his chance when he's had them - that's what you need to do when you're a young player. It could be argued Ince has moved ahead of JFC in the pecking order

Ince could have more potential because of his physique.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
JFC is not good enough right now. Goes missing a lot.

Will Hughes isn't comparable the guy is the most talented CM since gazza in England.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
After Hammond and Harley leaving we've lost 2 of the most moaned about players, Andrews will be a direct replacement and constantly draw criticism and looks like Bruno will be the brunt of the other.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If 2 different coaching regimes don't have faith in JFC then maybe he's not the player many on here see him as.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Forster-Caskey is in the 20 man squad today, so is Ince.

JFC is in Barnes' training room video on Instagram and Ince's shirt is on the end.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think JFC has grabbed his chance when he's had them - that's what you need to do when you're a young player. It could be argued Ince has moved ahead of JFC in the pecking order

JFC scored a nicely worked goal against Newport, which was unfairly disallowed, so I wouldn't say he hasn't grabbed his chance.

Ince & JFC will all grow into this season, but Andrews is very experienced and they will surely learn from him.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

What chance has he had? He played about an hour in all of 2013 last season, and now we're out of the league cup will he even get on the bench?

I totally agree with the first post, we're getting an old guy in on loan to cover gaps that could be filled with promising youngsters. It's short-termism all over again.

Hammond is the only CM that really needed replacing, and Orlandi/Lopez/Crofts/Bridcutt/Augestein are all capable of playing in that central role, along with JFC/Ince. Why do we need to sign an 8th central midfielder who has less future potential than all of the previous 7 put together?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Question for you. Do you think those two signings are Oscar identified or wanted signings?

I believe Oscar has told Burke which positions need strengthening and need additional back up , Burke has provided a list of players who have the ability and skill to fit in at the club that we can afford and its been taken from there. The difference between Oscar and Poyet is OG will have known what the playing budget is and get on with it whereas Gus would have thrown his toys out of the pram.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need a strong first 18 every match, even after injuries and suspensions.

Still plenty of opportunities for JFC, just need a left back and striker to make a great first 22.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Adds depth and experience to the squad. Would expect more from him than Hammond delivered last season and Crofts is yet to show anything close to his previous form for us. Not at bad signing in my opinion.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

That will be the same derby county who didn't even look like trouble the playoff spots all season. It's simple JFC has potential but still a work on progress and not ready for a regular first team slot yet

Experience at this level is key look no further than bridge and upson for evidence of that

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Ince could have more potential because of his physique.

Agreed on both counts. JFC keeps possession well, but did little to impress on Tuesday. He's never really matched his initial performance vs Southampton, he just needs to make an impact when he's picked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here