Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Burger poll

With the change of catering company at the Amex, how do you rate the new burgers compared

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Amex burgers were great for the 1st month of season 1, but then went massively downhill and never recovered.

Can always hope the new guys get them right again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whatever they taste like, nothing, and I mean nothing can be as bad as the burger I had at Peterborough a couple of years back :sick:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Smaller than the ones offered at the end of last season which my daughter liked, her first game this season so no doubt she will pass the ultimate sanction. Mate, a Man City fan who I took to a friendly game thought they were good compared to many grounds he has been to. Also thought the pricing was fair compared to many other grounds, he had particular contempt for Wembley.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Smaller than the ones offered at the end of last season which my daughter liked, her first game this season so no doubt she will pass the ultimate sanction. Mate, a Man City fan who I took to a friendly game thought they were good compared to many grounds he has been to. Also thought the pricing was fair compared to many other grounds, he had particular contempt for Wembley.

Cheers I will expect a full report of your daughters burger experience on my desk later this evening then :thumbsup:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
:lolol::lolol: excuse if it is not up to the standards of AA Gill (in response to symyjym)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Went to Brighton Races yesterday which was interesting from a price point of view. Burgers there were a minimum of £5 each. Not bad - somewhere between a fast food place and a good pub burger in quality. Chips £2.70 for what looked like a portion about 2-3 times the size of the pictures posted here of the Amex offering.

Overall, it made me think that most of what's offered on the concourses at The Amex is priced around or under the going rate but they really should think about bumping up the chip portions. That's a rip-off at the minute and I reckon they'd sell by the ton if they got the pricing right.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Went to Brighton Races yesterday which was interesting from a price point of view. Burgers there were a minimum of £5 each. Not bad - somewhere between a fast food place and a good pub burger in quality. Chips £2.70 for what looked like a portion about 2-3 times the size of the pictures posted here of the Amex offering.

Overall, it made me think that most of what's offered on the concourses at The Amex is priced around or under the going rate but they really should think about bumping up the chip portions. That's a rip-off at the minute and I reckon they'd sell by the ton if they got the pricing right.

TBH I would rather pay £5 for a decent burger, I had to spit most of my last one out, it was disgusting and has put me right off even thinking about eating anything again at the Amex.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I had a cheese burger straight off the grill and it was quite nice, a bit overcooked but better than being under cooked

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They've been different every time I've had one since we've been there so impossible to say. Preferred it when they had salad in.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The new burgers are in proper seeded buns, decent piece of meat properly cooked and loads of cheese and mayo, they come steaming hot so it's hard to complain really.

The one I had today ( only because for the first time for me at the Amex, there were NO pies ) didn't come in a seeded bun, the cheese was under the burger ( fail ) and there was no mayo. Possibly in ESU we are second class !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here