Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] David's Plan of Attack

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
David Lopez has told seagulls.co.uk that Albion will be looking to get on the front foot this season.The Spaniard – who made a popular return to the club two weeks ago – says the Seagulls have already shown their offensive mentality, and results will go in the Seagulls’ favour when the side eradicate their mistakes.
He said, “We started the game very well at Leeds, we caused them quite a few problems and we created chances against Newport. That is what we want to do as a team – play attacking football and put teams under pressure.
“That is what we want to keep doing but, in training, correct the errors that cost us goals.
“Derby will be a difficult game and it will make life harder for us if we don’t win this game, especially a home game, so we want to win at the Amex to show we are strong here.”
Having signed late in the summer, David missed the majority of pre-season although the midfielder says he is not concerned about his fitness.
david-l229-955356.jpg

“I’m feeling good physically, better day by day and I felt really good in the last game.
“All these games I'm playing are fantastic for me and I'm getting back into the rhythm of competitive football.
“Everybody feels it when you go to extra-time, me included, but I'm good. I’m 100 per cent.
“I’ve never had problems with fitness down the years, I’ve always felt good and that I can get through a lot of matches.
"I'm sure I'll feel better again today after training and hopefully, together, we get this win against Derby.”
Oscar Garcia took over first team affairs in David’s absence during the summer, and his fellow Spaniard has now moved Albion’s training to afternoon sessions, something that Lopez has been used to before.
"It’s something that sometimes happens in Spain. For example if the previous day was 'fiesta' or a day off, you might have the next morning off as well to make the most of the break and then train in the afternoon.
"It just depends on the manager and the team. I don't mind personally. I don't think it is better or worse.
"Everyone has their way of doing things and our job as players is to be there at training on time."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here