Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free bet - what would you put it on?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Coral just rang (bizarrely in my opinion) to give me a free bet for £15, which has to be used in a single.

Tempted to lump it on Wigan to win the community shield. Moyes first competitive game in charge after a subdued pre-season, no new signings and Rooney rocking the boat.

If you had the free bet, what would YOU lump it on?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Since it's free, I'd treat it as £15 free and pick the event with the shortest odds. Winning £15.15 is better than almost winning £45 but actually winning nothing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Since it's free, I'd treat it as £15 free and pick the event with the shortest odds. Winning £15.15 is better than almost winning £45 but actually winning nothing.

He won't get his stake back so he'll only get 15p IF he's allowed to use it on something that skinny.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Ah. There's the catch then. In that case, just go with a gut feeling. After all, you have nothing to lose. Or perhaps put it on Brighton not to win today. that way, you're happy with any result.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brighton 20/1 to win the SBC - returns an even carpet.

I do fancy Kiwi Bay back at Redcar over 1m but Corals are only 4/1 (11/2 available elsewhere)

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Sky bet are giving a £10 free bet if you sign up today and a 5er free ever week get on it!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Coral just rang (bizarrely in my opinion) to give me a free bet for £15, which has to be used in a single.

Tempted to lump it on Wigan to win the community shield. Moyes first competitive game in charge after a subdued pre-season, no new signings and Rooney rocking the boat.

If you had the free bet, what would YOU lump it on?

Newport to get promoted. They gave a very positive display against us. They crushed Accrington last week. Early days but they may do a 'Crawley'.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I do fancy Kiwi Bay back at Redcar over 1m but Corals are only 4/1 (11/2 available elsewhere)
I metre! Surely you mean 1M.

Does it have to be used today ? - otherwise I would advise you place it in January on Palace staying up when the odds will be fantastic. If they stay up then your winnings will pay for your Albion season ticket next year and if they go down it's the best £15 spent.

I shall be doing this when the time is right.:albion2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wilco Kelderman to win Eneco Tour.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Australia to win the 4th test. Roll over winnings for them to regain the ashes in next series :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here