Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Loan???? Yes you heard right.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Well seeing all these reports about players ON LOAN got me thinking. Are we really that hard up not to be able to afford players now? Sure FFP Is just around the corne. But come on. Seems the club Is happy to take our money but don't want to spent out??? Am i missing something?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We had 3 full season loans last year, and 1 half season loan - are we really going to have more than that this year?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well seeing all these reports about players ON LOAN got me thinking. Are we really that hard up not to be able to afford players now? Sure FFP Is just around the corne. But come on. Seems the club Is happy to take our money but don't want to spent out??? Am i missing something?

What about the clubs that allow us to have the player temporarily, but won't let them leave permanently...should we discount all those players?

This isn't FIFA.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How much transfer revenue have we received in the last year?
£800k for Dobbie.
Why would you expect us to spend more on transfer fees? (though we probably will)

£1.5m for dobbie, according to ssn.

As for why to expect us to spend more on transfer fees, perhaps because barber has said the transfer kitty is enhanced from last seasons, where we supposedly paid out £/€(?)2m on ulloa, plus whatever we spent on dobbie, Lopez, Hammond, orlandi, kuszczak, upson, bridge, and crofts (free signings will often get large signing on bonuses, and some loans may involve a fee - at least I distinctly remember hearing/reading about some loan deal recently that involved one (to brighton, I either read it on a news site or heard it on ssn).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

You clearly have not been on the now obligatory...."Accountancy and Football Business Studies" course.

Without this, you will never understand todays football world and probably just view the game as 22 silly men chasing a ball.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
£1.5m for dobbie, according to ssn.

As for why to expect us to spend more on transfer fees, perhaps because barber has said the transfer kitty is enhanced from last seasons, where we supposedly paid out £/€(?)2m on ulloa, plus whatever we spent on dobbie, Lopez, Hammond, orlandi, kuszczak, upson, bridge, and crofts (free signings will often get large signing on bonuses, and some loans may involve a fee - at least I distinctly remember hearing/reading about some loan deal recently that involved one (to brighton, I either read it on a news site or heard it on ssn).

Enhanced budget includes wages.
I'd love that figure for Dobbie to be true but I seriously doubt it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Presumably loan arrangements are more cost effective than permanent signings. Maybe we don't have to pay signing on fees or compensation later etc if the player isn't ours. If that saves precious ££££'s that can then be spent on other permanent signings then fair enough. Plus if the loan player doesn't come up to expectation or is injury prone then we can let them go back to their parent Club?

At least Andrews is here for the season (like Hammond was) so he can adapt to our system and we can plan around him in the squad. Much better than having someone in for a month or so.

I presume Andrews is not an Oscar Garcia signing and therefore we still don't have anyone with his hallmark. I think we would all like to see a flairista or two.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Enhanced budget includes wages.
I'd love that figure for Dobbie to be true but I seriously doubt it.

But if you include wages in that budget, you have to include players released/to retained (bridge, Vicente, Hammond, Harley, dobbie, painter) adding to the pot some more money available, not just the incoming from Debbie's sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a promotion clause that bumped it up to 1.5m that has been included by sky.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think we would all like to see a flairista or two.

20090219dasdasftb_32.jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But if you include wages in that budget, you have to include players released/to retained (bridge, Vicente, Hammond, Harley, dobbie, painter) adding to the pot some more money available.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a promotion clause that bumped it up to 1.5m that has been included by sky.

Yeah, could be right there. Would make sense.
I think there's a lot of money left for wages, but don't foresee a lot of transfer fee expenditure.
Anyways, no-one knows how much Kemy cost us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here