Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Grealish (young Villa midfielder) on loan?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No hijacking of my thread for speculation about Liam being tapped-up, thanks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any relation to Tony?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We don't need any more midfielders now, unless someone is going

Yes we do! An attacking midfield/deep lying striker/playmaker replacement for Harley/Vicente:

"Grealish has the ability to play on either flank, but can also operate through the middle as an extra striking option. He is composed on the ball and has good vision, something that led to him being named Ireland's under-17 player of the year "

But Jack is only 17 so I'm not sure he is ready for the reality of Champioship football :(

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Really a winger. Saw some of the next gen series last year and he has a fantastic turn if speed and a very giod football brain. Not sure how he would cope physically and Would we want him here at the expense of Solly March not getting game time as we have no hope of keeping him long term?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No hijacking of my thread for speculation about Liam being tapped-up, thanks.

It is relevant as the only way we need him is if a midfielder leaves and the most likely, if any is Liam Bridcutt. If no one leaves we dont need him as we have just signed an experienced attacking midfielder and have a possible option of Vicente if we chose. So wouldnt need him especially at 17 years old.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It is relevant as the only way we need him is if a midfielder leaves and the most likely, if any is Liam Bridcutt. If no one leaves we dont need him as we have just signed an experienced attacking midfielder and have a possible option of Vicente if we chose. So wouldnt need him especially at 17 years old.

We are not getting Vicente back. Therefore, we're one short on last season (or not, since the dagger was never around).
Why couldn't that one be this kiddy?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We have an option on Vicente if we choose? Where did you hear this? Who is this attacking midfielder?
Not him: Keith Joseph Andrews (born 13 September 1980) is an Irish association footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder.

Just found this on Villa's website:

"His sparkling form continued and he was rewarded with further goals against Crystal Palace and Portsmouth."

That's all the evidence i need!

GREALISH FOR BRIGHTON! :albion2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We have some great up-and-coming young midfielders of our own, how about use them rather than spending money to blood somebody elses youngsters?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We are not getting Vicente back. Therefore, we're one short on last season (or not, since the dagger was never around).

How many games did JFC play last season? Solly March? Do you consider those two redundant?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How many games did JFC play last season? Solly March? Do you consider those two redundant?

None between them, I think?
Do I consider them redundant? No.
But then I'm not the one scouting for players. I don't see having an abundance of youngsters as a bad thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here