Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Taylor

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Once again this guy appears to be offering his unwanted opinion on the luis Suarez saga, can someone explain to me what use this guy is to football? Is he in an elected position or self appointed? Why did he ever feel the need to comment on Gus Poyet if he supposed to represent professional footballers? Maybe he feels important enough to appoint himself chief spokesman of the LMA as well?i

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Who says it's unwanted? As Chief of the PFA he is one of the few that is likely to have seen Suarez contract. Jamie Carragher has spoken at length on Suarez on the PL preview as has Gary Neville on Rooney. I welcomed the clarification if the clause in Suarez' contract. It was initially reported as a release clause when it has now become clear that is anything but. Can't see that he has done anything wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best thing he ever did was kick a ref up the arse when we played them in a league cup tie at Hawthorns if anybody remembers it. Ref ran around with a big white foot print chalk mark for the rest of the game.

Jan 3, 2008
Gordon and I did some "talk-ins" together a couple of years ago - he was actually a good guy - the last one we did was with Skysports and Gordon was top, top value

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Luiz. You signed a very well paid deal. If you want to leave and your club doesn't want to sell you, then buy yourself out.

Do these guys really want to play European football or do they just want to move and earn some more money?

He should have thought about European football when he signed his contract.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Gordon and I did some "talk-ins" together a couple of years ago - he was actually a good guy - the last one we did was with Skysports and Gordon was top, top value

Totally agree.

I had the pleasure of interviewing him when I was working as a journalist. He was really approachable and a really nice bloke.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good to see the highest paid union leader in the country feels able to comment on the contract situations of highly paid footballers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The best thing he ever did was kick a ref up the arse when we played them in a league cup tie at Hawthorns if anybody remembers it. Ref ran around with a big white foot print chalk mark for the rest of the game.

BG I swear you're mad.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Once again this guy appears to be offering his unwanted opinion on the luis Suarez saga, can someone explain to me what use this guy is to football? Is he in an elected position or self appointed? Why did he ever feel the need to comment on Gus Poyet if he supposed to represent professional footballers? Maybe he feels important enough to appoint himself chief spokesman of the LMA as well?i

Yeah he's well out of order.

I can see the headline tomorrow - 'PFA Chairman makes comment on ongoing high profile member case. Fans in disbelief.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here