Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am thinking of biking to the Amex tomorrow from Hangleton. Does anyone know how long it is likely to take please, and whether there is somewhere relatively secure at the ground to padlock my wheels?

Before anyone asks, I cycle at a moderate speed and don't propose any stops en route other than for red lights. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You should have said earlier, I could have supplied with a nice, inexpensive cap!

Oh and there's plenty of bike racks parallel to the railway track, between the footbridge and the shop.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Firstly there are covered cycle racks along the railway boundary opposite the club shop - no worries there.

You big decision is your route.

I'm in Portslade and tend to go down to the sea front, all the way to the pier, then up the Level and up the Lewes Road - it is pretty flat and plenty of cycle lanes.

As the crow flies you could go down Nevill Road, across Hove Park, Hove Park Road, The Drove, Preston Drove (big climb), Hollingbury and out onto the Lewes Road that way.

Takes me about 15 mins from the gyratory, turn rightoff main road after railway bridge and wend you way through North Moulsecoomb to track by Falmer school. Plenty of bike parking by ticket sheds.

Either leave early or late unless you want to push your bike through full time crowds on the way back.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You will be shocked. I did this a few weeks back as part of my starting to get fitter campaign. I went straight along the Old Shoreham Road to the fire station at Preston Circus, up the hill, left at Upper Lewes Road, and then onwards.......40 minutes absolute maximum.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well I am cycling from Steyning tomorrow and looking forward to it. Downs Link, over the lock. along the front and up the Lewes Road. That should blow the cobwebs. And not some fancy road bike either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am thinking of biking to the Amex tomorrow from Hangleton. Does anyone know how long it is likely to take please, and whether there is somewhere relatively secure at the ground to padlock my wheels?

Before anyone asks, I cycle at a moderate speed and don't propose any stops en route other than for red lights. :thumbsup:

dont forget to take yur puncture repair kit

can cycle off road from hove park to the stadium:thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thanks to all for the helpful advice about cycling to the Amex. Rev - What's your off road route to the ground please? Will travel in the cycle lane along Old Shoreham Road until Preston Circus but what then?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cycling back into Brighton post-match, does anyone go straight onto the A27 at Falmer (if that's even possible) rather than try and fight their way through all the foot traffic on the paths? I used to carry my bike over the footbridge and go down through the University underpass and along the footpaths to Coldean Lane, but more recently go straight down into Moulescoomb on the wide pathway running past the Academy/halls of residence towards the car park. Neither are ideal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cycling back into Brighton post-match, does anyone go straight onto the A27 at Falmer (if that's even possible) rather than try and fight their way through all the foot traffic on the paths? I used to carry my bike over the footbridge and go down through the University underpass and along the footpaths to Coldean Lane, but more recently go straight down into Moulescoomb on the wide pathway running past the Academy/halls of residence towards the car park. Neither are ideal.

There are bike racks under the footbridge so you don't have to carry your bike over the bridge. I've gone straight down the A27 once but it's a bit hairy, particularly at night. What's easier is to cycle along the pavement by the uni (it's shared use) and then go on the road by Stanmer Park and go back on pavement at start of Coldean woods - should beat the bulk of the pedestrians that way

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are bike racks under the footbridge so you don't have to carry your bike over the bridge. I've gone straight down the A27 once but it's a bit hairy, particularly at night. What's easier is to cycle along the pavement by the uni (it's shared use) and then go on the road by Stanmer Park and go back on pavement at start of Coldean woods - should beat the bulk of the pedestrians that way

I like to cycle right up to the stadium so always lock up in the racks there. The route you describe is my old route and okay if you're quick out of the stadium before the path gets too clogged. A cycle path on the stadium side pathway into Moulescoomb would be fantastic, but I doubt will ever happen.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have seen those racks but I am unsure about locking my bike up there. I usually use the racks right at the top of the car park as I cycle from Lewes. I would like to use the racks opposite the club shop but the issue is that footbridge after the match. If I knew my bike was going to be safe underneath that footbridge I would definately use it. I could certainly get back to Lewes a lot quicker as I don't have that walk to the top car park at the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm in Portslade and tend to go down to the sea front, all the way to the pier, then up the Level and up the Lewes Road - it is pretty flat and plenty of cycle lanes.

Thats my walking route. 2 hours, door to Dicks. I'm kicking around the idea of copping off early today and doing it. Don't think any rain is forcast is it, and we nearly always win when I walk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here