Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walking from Woodindean to the Amex

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is the new plan as Coldean is now out of bounds. I reckon it is a 4 mile round trip. I see they have got a tarmac path now for half the journey as I assume they did this for walkers to the Amex. Anyone else planning this route ? I reckon it will take 30-45 minutes depending on fitness.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I did it once last season and it took 35 minutes. It's a good walk on a nice day and will be even easier when they finish the path.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Half of it done, it is ok to park in Woodingdean or is that a no no as well ?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
There always was a path from Woodingdean albeit a grass footpath. I used it for the Donny game. Didn't seem to take too long to walk either way. The problem is for most of the year it would be dark. I wonder if the new paved path will be lit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I guess it will help my fitness with the training for the bike ride on 29/9.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Aren't you cycle training, Gareth? I think that is the answer to your conundrum.

Did 31 miles in 8 days and then had a bad accident 3 weeks ago. Back training now and plan a week off for intensive training.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It will not be lit.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This is the new plan as Coldean is now out of bounds. I reckon it is a 4 mile round trip. I see they have got a tarmac path now for half the journey as I assume they did this for walkers to the Amex. Anyone else planning this route ? I reckon it will take 30-45 minutes depending on fitness.

Let us know how it goes. I did Coldean & walk last season, I'm planning Lewes & 28/29 Bus tomorrow.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's always the private P&R car park at Ashcombe roundabout - right by the 28/29 bus stop, next to the county's best burger van.

That place must take about half a million a year.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
What are the chances of resident parking being introduced in woodingdean if that route catches on this season? Probably quite high?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Originally Posted by Lord Bracknell
There's always the private P&R car park at Ashcombe roundabout - right by the 28/29 bus stop, next to the county's best burger van.

That place must take about half a million a year.

Its not that big though is it? How much does he charge? Looking for alternatives on those days when I have to work late on a Saturday. Thankfully it doesn't happen often, but Coldean was useful on those occasions.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Half of it done, it is ok to park in Woodingdean or is that a no no as well ?

I would assume you can park in Bexhill Road at the top of the hill.

Then a nice 35 minute stroll DOWN to the stadium.

Afterwards a not so nice 50 minute walk BAck UP.

Look forward to hearing about how you get on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here