Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking 5 bottles of wine a day for 10 years.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's the British way. Tony Parsons once made a very good observation about women drunks - it's never a good look. Some men can carry it with aplomb but never the fairer sex. Sexist attitude or just the painful truth? No idea.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
5 bottles a day for 10 years Buzzer ? That is serious drinking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****ing Hell. It makes my massive intake from my wine lake trivial by comparison. There's hope for me yet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not disputing it, I couldn't do a bottle a day. Every branch of my family tree has an alcoholic on it. I was just commenting how common it is in Britain and that women never make good drunks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not disputing it, I couldn't do a bottle a day. Every branch of my family tree has an alcoholic on it. I was just commenting how common it is in Britain and that women never make good drunks.

I dunno. They may not look so special in the morning, but . . . .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I could do a bottle in an hour and maybe two in an evening but 5 day after day ? Mental !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amazing she lived. She was SERIOUSLY Yellow !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reading this lead me to an article about Kenny Sansom who's also an alcoholic.
Really sad.

Up to 9 bottles of wine a day. How is that even possible ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is the most you have consumed in a day ? Probably about 20 units for me. I am a LIGHTWEIGHT !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a miracle that Patricia Murphy is alive.
Nine months ago the 45-year-old was admitted to hospital suffering with cirrhosis of the liver as a result of drinking 350 units of alcohol every week for ten years.
Patricia ended up on a life support machine, and her skin turned a grisly yellow colour due to her massive organ failure. She was given a 5% chance of survival and a priest was called to read her last rites. But she survived, and a picture taken of her at her lowest became the trigger for a turning point in her life.
She is now sober, and feeling lucky to still be alive the former sales assistant appeared on This Morning today to tell her story and warn other women about the dangers of alcohol, the legal substance which ruined her life.

She said: 'That picture was the turning point. Seeing how yellow I was. I went through a lot, I couldn't even walk when I came off intensive care, but now it's as if the illness has been lifted from my brain.'
Patricia began drinking when she was 17, after leaving school to train as a sales assistant.
Naturally shy, drinking made her feel confident among her peers, and soon she was drinking 10 double brandy and Cokes at the weekends.
She said: I was always the first one in and the last person out of the pub. If someone offered me a drink and I already had one I would always take it. I always ordered doubles.
'When I was 28 I stopped going out because I couldn't get as drunk as I wanted to. It's not normal to drink like that. It's a slippery road. I was born with the addiction. I was always going to be an alcoholic.'
More...'He put his dogs before me and drank four bottles of wine a night': Graham Norton's ex opens up about life with boozy star and reveals he's still heartbroken over split
Infections, limb amputations and even death. . . so why are black market butt injections becoming more popular than ever?
Hangovers don't just cause nausea and headaches - they make you STUPID, too

It was at the age of 28 that Patricia also lost both her mother and father, which sent her drinking to new, more dangerous depths. She swapped Bacardi and brandy for wine because it was easier to get drunk and made her less aggressive.

She said: 'Being drunk means that you don't have to feel things, you can get oblivious.
'I have been in to rehab three times but each time I came out I would go and buy wine and drink. I didn't want to stop it, I wanted to get drunk. I liked the way it made me feel.'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gascoigne looks bloody awful even though he has had months and years sober so he must have seriously f*cked himself up in the past. Maybe the 4 bottles of whisky a day and copious cocaine 8 years ago did it for him. 6 weeks without sleep holed up in a Hotel Room and then telling the room service " bring me a knife "

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What is the most you have consumed in a day ? Probably about 20 units for me. I am a LIGHTWEIGHT !

The only calculated amount I can think of (I've never counted before) was a triple tequila (that was the accepted measurement in the bar) every ten minutes and the chap I challenged did 9 of them to my 8.

That's 24 units in 70 minutes. Half a bottle of wine before that and two litres of beer at lunch.

So approximately 35 units in one day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How do you remember you've drunk 4 & 5 after 1 2 & 3?

I'll hazard a guess she doesn't spring out of bed in the morning, tidy up and log the empty bottles.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only calculated amount I can think of (I've never counted before) was a triple tequila (that was the accepted measurement in the bar) every ten minutes and the chap I challenged did 9 of them to my 8.

That's 24 units in 70 minutes. Half a bottle of wine before that and two litres of beer at lunch.

So approximately 35 units in one day.

That is a SERIOUS session !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 21 units a week is Horseshit. I mean, lets be serious here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here