Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radler - New Best Drink Ever For A Long Hot Summer?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never heard the oddly-weird Radler name before the start of the month, but glugged many of these of a scorchio summer's day in Crete last week

images

OK, it's a woosie 2% lager & cloudy lemon mix that you'd normally spurn as you would a rabid dog, but I tell's thee it don't half hit the spot in the midday sun. Saw an ad in the paper today for the same Radler thing, made by Fosters of all people, so maybe its been there all along. Or maybe not. Anybody else partial to a drop o' the weak stuff? :cool:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Take away the sexed up foreign name and see it for what it is : lager shandy!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Consumed by the Germans and Austrians in prodigious quantities, my daughter in Berlin responsible for her share and a bit....also Diesel, a beer with Coke

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm starting to worry about you Tom, you go from bitter to Guinness to cider then to alcopops. It'll be ginger beer next.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
in France a panache, in England a lager shandy... and very nice on a blistering hot day too!

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
A Spanish secret for years.
Lager and Fanta lemon.
A nice drink for the afternoon if you want to make it through the evening.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
To be honest I really cannot drink an alcoholic drink less than 5%...I'd rather drink orange squash or a cup of tea!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never heard the oddly-weird Radler name before the start of the month, but glugged many of these of a scorchio summer's day in Crete last week

images

OK, it's a woosie 2% lager & cloudy lemon mix that you'd normally spurn as you would a rabid dog, but I tell's thee it don't half hit the spot in the midday sun. Saw an ad in the paper today for the same Radler thing, made by Fosters of all people, so maybe its been there all along. Or maybe not. Anybody else partial to a drop o' the weak stuff? :cool:

It's like the last 80 years or so never happened :lolol:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Love the stuff. Went to the shop last night to get more and they were sold out. Had to buy normal lager instead!! Body went in to shock!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

images

Just back from hols where I have taken to Hoegaarten Rose beer - an exceedingly refreshing blend of wheatbeer and fruit!
Never seen it for sale in UK but going to get looking! :thumbsup:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
As others have stated, radler is just the German word for shandy. More interesting is diesel, which is lager mixed with cola (the stuff in cans is 2 parts 6% lager to 1 part cola, so an eminently quaffable 4% overall). Try a half of it in a pub some time, it's surprisingly nice, certainly nicer than the national drink of the Basque Country, which is a mixture of cheap red wine and flat coke.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here