Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking your own nibbles to the Amex

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Right here goes! Please don't think I am being tight, but like many I have to watch the pennys! What I would like to know from any other fans, is what is the policy at the Amex for bringing your own snacks and drinks to your seats for match,s. On tuesday I purchased 2 portions of chips (15 chips per portion) and 3 cokes and got rammed on the price. Now I realise the club needs to make money, but I also have to make sure I stay on budget too, so what I am asking is what are we allowed to take in and what do others take.
Thanks for any input in advance

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not had a problem in previous seasons, won't be surprised if that changes at some point :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They won't let you take bottles in, and obviously no alcohol, but people have taken their own food to football for years, I can't see that the Albion would stop you, within reason.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I take a big Gully toy, his guts have been ripped out and replaced with two cans of white lightning! I sing quite loud during the second half and Gully goes all floppy on me. :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Back in the Goldstone days, I remember people used to bring their flasks of coffee or Bovril on to the East Terrace. Bloody needed it, standing in the cold up there.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
In the process of buying my first property, As such have had to tighten my belt recently and the last two games taken in a bottle of coke and some snacks for HT. I will still buy a pie etc but much less often now.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
In the winter I take a flask and sometimes I bring a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar in my coat pocket. I've seen other people turn up with a carrier bag full of food and they've been fine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The do not stop you taking bottles of coke or 7 up in to the lower west, and rightly so, and for the first time ever I am taking a sandwich, sausage roll or pork pie with me tomorrow. In the winter I take a flask of oxtail and mulligatawny soup, no problem.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Back in the Goldstone days, I remember people used to bring their flasks of coffee or Bovril on to the East Terrace. Bloody needed it, standing in the cold up there.

For a while, there were a few that would take celery into the North Stand.....

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks guys and gals for your input, as for the Goldstone days I used to get a hotdog I was young but I remember it being fab! At Gillingham I used to eat before I went in and the Withdean years it was always a tray of chips, I remember ali being good value for money. But now I take my son and dad it does seem to be racking up
Thanks all! Even the Gully story, it did make me laugh!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Like I said in a previous thread I bought a big bag of cheese nibbles in the 99p shop and nobody even searched my bag. Some people around me had sandwiches and drinks brought from home.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I take frankfurters in a flask and hot dog rolls for me and the boys to make up at half time. A quarter of the price and actually edible unlike the ones they sell at the stadium, I take drinks and sweets aswell and never been stopped.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Have you asked Nibble whether he WANTS you to take him up the Amex?

Right here goes! Please don't think I am being tight, but like many I have to watch the pennys! What I would like to know from any other fans, is what is the policy at the Amex for bringing your own snacks and drinks to your seats for match,s. On tuesday I purchased 2 portions of chips (15 chips per portion) and 3 cokes and got rammed on the price. Now I realise the club needs to make money, but I also have to make sure I stay on budget too, so what I am asking is what are we allowed to take in and what do others take.
Thanks for any input in advance

How the hell are we going to make up the 8 million with fans like you:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here