Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Briggs

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Martin Jol is quoted in today's Evening Standard 'I would like to give them exoerience on loan. Briggs could do with another 25-50 games. If he stays he will be a back up player'
On loan at Watford last season, can play left back or CB.
This could be the perfect solution to our problems on a season long loan. Also their young winger Kasami is available on loan.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
How many games has Mattock played in the Premiership or for England U21's?
Briggs would be a significant improvement on what we have already, he has Championship experience with Watford who finished above us last season and at 6'2 would improve our defending at set pieces.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not that fussed about Briggs. He'd do ok, sure. But so will Vitalijs Maksimenko. Play him. He's ours. He's Latvian. I'm sold.

Patjim Kasami would add to the orchestra of flair, but would be a block on Solly March, so forget about him. We don't need him. We need to grow a backbone and PLAY THE KIDS.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm not that fussed about Briggs. He'd do ok, sure. But so will Vitalijs Maksimenko. Play him. He's ours. He's Latvian. I'm sold.

Patjim Kasami would add to the orchestra of flair, but would be a block on Solly March, so forget about him. We don't need him. We need to grow a backbone and PLAY THE KIDS.

****. I agree.

We don't want to be making loan signings of youngsters from the prem, we want to be using our own up and coming youngsters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here