Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Laine pub then bus ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thinking of sampling some of their beers pre-match but instead of going back up the hill to the train station I was wondering if anyone reckons a bus up to the ground is a better bet and what numbers do we need as I can't do bus routes and timetables.

many thanks .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to the Newport game on the 25 which are every 5 minutes from Lewes Rd side of St Peters Church but was advised by the driver to get off at the Uni and walk under the road as apparently it takes ages to get up to The Amex.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i find the north laine pub really weird for some reason...can't put my finger on it

a) It's too big - like an airport departure lounge.
b) It has a very high bellend ratio.
c) It was much better when it was The Gloucester
d) There's a weird echo
e) The bit out the front is too small and you've got a constant stream of traffic/tramps going past

Overall I don't mind the place - but I think it suffers from these issues...

Oct 25, 2003
I went to the Newport game on the 25 which are every 5 minutes from Lewes Rd side of St Peters Church but was advised by the driver to get off at the Uni and walk under the road as apparently it takes ages to get up to The Amex.

correct, it goes all the way round the sussex campus which takes a while...only a few minutes from the stop to the amex

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Whatever you do , don't try and use the 'bus stop' outside the Pub, its along wait - only there for 2 nightbuses a week :rolleyes: ...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Wrong it takes ages from the bus stop to walk up to the ground whilst you can get off the bus at the stop by the car park, depends whether you want a long walk or not as timewise it is the same having done both

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got off when everybody in a blue and white shirt got off, possibly was by the car park, and it took a few minutes to walk under the underpass to Falmer station.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I got off when everybody in a blue and white shirt got off, possibly was by the car park, and it took a few minutes to walk under the underpass to Falmer station.

Thats the best thing to do, once I stayed on the bus and it took ages going round Sussex University, loads of bus stops there and it stopped at everyone.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
d) There's a weird echo
e) The bit out the front is too small and you've got a constant stream of traffic/tramps going past

It's too noisy! You are right, there is a strange echo that makes conversation impossible. Given up on it.
BTW, 28/29 drops off right outside the Swan, my favourite bus!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
d) There's a weird echo

f) School dinner style seating?

Oct 25, 2003
it used to be our 'after church' pub....we'd usually double the amount of people in there and stay there for a fair while, but they started being really arsey towards us so we decided to stop bothering...started going to the hobgoblin instead

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's too noisy! You are right, there is a strange echo that makes conversation impossible. Given up on it.
BTW, 28/29 drops off right outside the Swan, my favourite bus!

Also fewer stops on the 28/29, meaning you fly by two or three 25's on your way which I find satisfying.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bring back the Birdsnest. First pub with phones on the tables.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here