dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can he play left back?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Underwhelmed

I am looking for only Barcelona youngsters and experienced players...I don't want anyone who is not from Spain

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Used to be decent, not sure he is any better than what we have now.

Is this the one Neecha was talking about earlier? He suggested we were getting a midfielder in today.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some of you have ridiculous expectations.

He's a fine player, technically excellent, an exquisite passer of the ball who has played much of his football at the top table. Would be an excellent and astute signing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So Burke making the signings is going well so far...

I dont mind as we have plenty of time left until the end of the transfer window, but we just seem to be signing Championship dross.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brilliant. A 32 year old sicknote who isn't as good as Jay Spearing in the one area where we now have sufficient players.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
I won't be very hopeful for this season if this is the type of player we're going to be bringing in for our "3 or 4 more signings".

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Decent player but why are we signing a defensive midfielder when we have no experienced left back available? Paving the way for Bridcutt's departure?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thoroughly underwhelming signing, if it happens.

According to the article, he is one of Bolton's top earners, so frankly I'd rather we ploughed that money into a first choice left back.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lets see the fella holding up a Brighton shirt for the camera before we write him off.

On this basis, we would have turned away Matt Upson as an over the hill, ex-England player with his best days behind him.

Lets see if Keith Andrews may be able to do a Kishishev for us eh?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some of you have ridiculous expectations.

He's a fine player, technically excellent, an exquisite passer of the ball who has played much of his football at the top table. Would be an excellent and astute signing.

..........is a good and fair assessment. He will fit in well alongside Agustien snd help to drive ud forward with pace. Better than Crofts (or Dicker from last season)

Not in the least disappointed with that as a signing (a flair creative midfielder, a fullback, and forward cover still to come before 2 September) :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did we not want him last year or previously?

It may be a bit of guesswork based on this.

Probably a good signing, but as before I'd really prefer to start seeing some 'Oscar signings' rather than 'Burke signings'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here