Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positivity/Optimism

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There's far too much negativity on here, at this point our results are the same as they were last season and look where it ended. Last season we hadn't signed Orlandi, Ulloa, Lopez, Upson by this point. And in addition to them we have added Kemy and Chicksen this Summer. With more to come. It's inarguable that we start this Season with a stronger squad then we started last.

We have a exciting new young manager in charge, its time to get behind him, and the players, stop worrying about the other teams, and look to the future rather then the past.

Right?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Negative thoughts and positive thoughts change weekly. It's up to the team to put in performances that they are capable of to keep the fans spirits up. It's their duty of care whilst they are plunging our club into losses week in, week out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I predicted we would finish top two and I stand by that.

We've got a Lamborghini with the wheels of a steamroller just idling at the start line at the moment. Oscar is new to driving and is struggling to find 1st gear. As soon as he does, by God, I wouldn't want to be the team that happens to be standing in the way - they will be flattened before you can say "I know Barnes scored a hattrick but he's still shit".

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Negative thoughts and positive thoughts change weekly. It's up to the team to put in performances that they are capable of to keep the fans spirits up. It's their duty of care whilst they are plunging our club into losses week in, week out.

Losses week in week out? We are two games into the Season.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Far too early for negativity, but I do think it is important - and never too early - to get that first win on the board, all the more so for the new manager, and just to make sure there is no lasting hangover from the disappointing end to the season, and the turmoil that has followed.

And it should be added that we have had two shocking and decisive decisions go against us in the first two games. Even itself out? Let's hope so.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, of course.

This time last year we had threads about how Poyet should be sacked as our games without a win run had continued from the previous season. Within a week, those moaning had disappeared until our next run of poorish form. I have no doubt that this board will be rather quieter very shortly..

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
1000% agree - good thread - way too much nay saying, doom mongering and general nit picking on here.

We need to take the pressure off ourselves and the team with unworldy expectations of performance and service levels and just enjoy the ride. A decent pie in a good stadium and some exciting football (which means losing a bit) is as much as anyone should hope for. It's football and I think it would be shit if people treated it like a visit to a top end restaurant every fortnight.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I predicted we would finish top two and I stand by that.

We've got a Lamborghini with the wheels of a steamroller just idling at the start line at the moment. Oscar is new to driving and is struggling to find 1st gear. As soon as he does, by God, I wouldn't want to be the team that happens to be standing in the way - they will be flattened before you can say "I know Barnes scored a hattrick but he's still shit".

Yep, me too, us and QPR at the top.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Way to early to judge yet let's see how we are doing in 5 or 6 games and if we sign any more players. Feel positive btw.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Positivity ?

We've lost to a time added goal @ Leeds, and been wrongly reduced to 10 men before nearly holding on to a win in the LC. (Midweek trip to West Brom anyone ?)

Then, to cap it all, Fabregas says he's happy in Barcelona (surprise !), Bale wants to go to Real Madrid, we can't afford Suarez, and Rooney's too fat. So hardly any new players on the horizen.

Overall, WE'RE DOOMED.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Negative thoughts and positive thoughts change hourly on NSC. It's up to the team to put in performances that they are capable of to keep the fans spirits up. It's their duty of care whilst they are plunging our club into losses week in, week out.

EFA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here