Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish article on Oscar

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not seen this on here, it was tweeted by Ruben Martinez

http://www.martiperarnau.com/articulos-de-futbol/inglaterra/oscar-la-idea-se-traslada-a-brighton/

Google translation
Oscar: 'the idea' moves to Brighton

by GEORGE WHITE on August 8, 2013 • 8:34

Champion league in Israel in front of Maccabi Tel Aviv, Oscar Garcia (Sabadell, 1973) landed in England after failing to accept up to three offers from First Division in Switzerland and Belgium and discard discuss three in Spain, one of First. Catalan coach nor thought when he received the offer of Brighton, a club that was on the verge of the Premier League last season and that gave him the opportunity to work in a country that loves football terms and where absolute freedom is given to implement your idea.

Like a year ago in Tel Aviv, Oscar accepted the challenge when he saw that the leaders of the Seagulls were convinced to who they were. "They knew how. From there it was all clear " , warns today Catalan, for that how no discussion possible. Discuss the terms of the contract was secondary issue once understood that the idea , firm, no discussion was possible. The Brighton chose him for what he represents and since then the challenge was, is, a fact.

Football in England is another story. Better or worse can speculate, but the passion and dedication that is seen in the stands of stadiums filled amply supplies other deficiencies that may exist. "He wanted to live this environment," he admits Oscar, noting, though, that his philosophy is not discussed and the results look "from a basic principle: the ball" . If we have the ball we do not have it on hand , said in his heyday Johan Cruyff, the father of the revolution. And this obvious, this simplicity, was acquired as a dogma of faith by his followers. Among them Sabadell coach, willing to go the limit on your bet.

So from day one. And nothing seems to be changed. In Leeds, on the opening day of the league, lived an example as cruel as obvious. Faced with an opponent pushed by over 34,000 fervent fans that filled the stands and with the tie in your pocket, a physically overwhelmed left Brighton for victory or in added time. Missed an open goal (1-2) with 91 minutes ... and was defeated in '94. Not shut, not practice pitch and put the bus in the area of ​​Kusczcak, Albion opened with a defeat so undeserved and unjust (the winning goal for Leeds came preceded by a hand scandalous). But he showed what he intends.

"It's hard to lose this way, but it's a learning experience for everyone," said Oscar Garcia minutes later, in the same field of Elland Road. The idea is not discussed. And in the environment that would be taking for granted. "There are different things. It trains more with the ball is played much and it shows people waiting. There is confidence in him because he knows and admires from where comes " , says Brian Owen, Brighton journalist who follows the team for years and, without hiding his doubts, also relies on novelty.

"It's football not seen in England. They bet on the pass and that a team playing outside his house here if it does not a great as the Arsenal " , highlighted in the press El Hadji Diouf, veteran and brilliant player who exploded a decade ago at Liverpool and today is one of the stars of Leeds. The Senegalese, who missed the premiere for dragging a sanction of last season, did not hesitate to praise the Brighton: "If you keep this way of playing. The quick touch, look no spaces and chutan the ball from the defense, but rather to the arrival in combination. It is one of the best teams I've seen in this category, sure " .

Oscar comes from winning the league in Israel, but that in England has just echo. The weight of your resume, brief, is outweighed by its provenance. Cruyff Barca player and follower convinced that philosophy of game as coach. A character, relatively speaking (obviously), which can be likened to Pep Guardiola because, as he's in his genes the same philosophy. "I grew up with a way to play. Never say it is the best but it is mine and which I intend to follow. So it was in the Youth club and is here as it was in the Maccabi " , endorses. In Brighton know. And wait.

"Last year we were a team that wanted to play the ball on the ground, but with it ... is nothing short of mandatory" admits Andrea Orlandi, one of the outstanding players of Albion and the arrival of Oscar who has refreshed memory. "enjoying work, always with the ball, playing two-touch, possession game assimilating faster than we were used to, we have greatly increased aggressiveness in the transition from attack to defense. We want to send the ball through ... It reminds me of La Masia. It's like when I was there " , says a footballer, like many, does not forget its roots in the club.

This is the idea that agreed with closed eyes Tony Bloom, a renowned player of poker nicknamed The Lizard, who moved the club bet he owns since 2009. For him, as for the nearly 26,000 fans who on average are cited in each league match at the Falmer Stadium, Barça's football transfer to your home is an exciting challenge. And before this, patience is contemplated must. "Brighton The amateur is as loyal as any in the country, but it's cold" , says Owen, who welcomes a novelty interest daily sorprendiento follows: "Before any other coach, saw changes in strategy in the game. It depended on how it was a party. Now, what we have seen in preseason and the start of the competition, you see that there is a system and that the team always has the same personality " .

"When I came to Israel even remotely thought we would win the league, so now I can not namely, what we will come up" , explains Oscar, who inadvertently complain ( "it would be ridiculous to do after accepting the job" ) admits he would like bolster the squad with three or four specific players. With or without them (and giving way to a squad, as Solly March), the Brighton is taking shape around his conviction.

"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass up there," he said one day Brian Clough, one of the best coaches in the history, he had a short and discreet passage through the Brighton and said, besides the titles, for its firm by a more elaborate game. That is the drawing that represents the new coach of that club that thirty years since I played in the top flight and whose challenge comes tremendous.

The Brighton, input that is not among the betting favorites for promotion, weight unrivaled Leeds, Wigan, Forest, QPR, Middlesbrough, Bolton and Watford, whose templates and budgets are higher than this team will fight with their weapons. Neither better nor worse, just different. "never forget a phrase Cruyff:" If we stand firm on the idea, today's defeat but our game will not forget '. Not to be pretentious, but what I want is to stay true to my idea. Maybe I have not known any better in football because that's what sucked in La Masia and Barca. And that will mark " , says calmly but Oscar Garcia security.

In Brighton not hesitate. Hope. And rely on the idea .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll give that translation 2/10 :lol:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Some of the translation heralds old English phraseology.

In Brighton not hesitate. Hope. And rely on the idea .

Love it !

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
"This is the idea that agreed with closed eyes Tony Bloom"
"Brighton the amateur is as loyal as any in the country but is cold"

i love babel fish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports