Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you really care about season ticket discount on refreshments?

Mr barber seems to think its pretty important,personally i just want better service and some decent options at reasonable cost.
The prating around with the card reader seems just to add time to a painfully slow process :facepalm:
Are you guys bothered? Also who gives us the discount Brighton the caterers or both???
Just stick it in the team pot please:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never bothered to top up my card and use e-cash, so I guess no. No I don't.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's quicker than cash, how can it slow things down?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Complain about prices then say you're not bothered to have a discount?

Do people expect to be taken seriously ???

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
It won't make me get there any earlier or leave any later. I'm guessing the most important aspect for the club is the saving around KO and HT, ie 0% cashback at those times and the 15% is just a sweetener.

complain about prices then say you're not bothered to have a discount?

Do people expect to be taken seriously ???

My season ticket is more expensive because people seem unable to get to the stadium without buses laid on for free(which they are not because someone has to cover the cost) i'll get myself to the stadium thanks. 30,000+ managed it at the goldstone:facepalm:

It won't make me get there any earlier or leave any later. I'm guessing the most important aspect for the club is the saving around KO and HT, ie 0% cashback at those times and the 15% is just a sweetener.
Simple economics will tell you that price elasticities kick in. Charging more at half time will reduce demand. Depending on the value of the elasticity, it could even reduce sales income. It should be relatively easy to check the sales and revenue data after a few weeks, though, and make further adjustments if necessary.

Assuming that there is no change in customers' perception of the quality of the product, or the service.

Oh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I always pay on e-card, have automatic top up on it, and probably will, if the choice is the pub 2hours prior, or straight to the ground, the additional 15% may well make me head straight to the ground. That's pretty much 60p off a pint so a Harvey's is £3.30, and the same for a pie. So a round of 4 drinks and a couple of pies and you're looking at nearly a fiver saved. So yes, it may certainly encourage me to head straight there in future...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Simple economics will tell you that price elasticities kick in. Charging more at half time will reduce demand. Depending on the value of the elasticity, it could even reduce sales income. It should be relatively easy to check the sales and revenue data after a few weeks, though, and make further adjustments if necessary.

Assuming that there is no change in customers' perception of the quality of the product, or the service.

Oh.

Demand is overwhelming at HT, they will sell the same at no discount.
A £5 a pint beer only kiosk would still be busy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not fussed . So you save 3 ish quid by drinking 10 pints. Not worth worrying about .

It's 15% off for the earlier tariff.....so .60p off per pint, you'd save £6 drinking 10 pints....so basically 1 pint and a programme free just through using your season ticket card that you have on you anyway....

It is a brilliant site this, multiple threads complaining about the price rise on pies and pints which amounted to something like 10p, then a thread where people aren't bothered about saving a few quid here or there. :lolol:

Here's a question from a university microeconomics exam paper:-

The owner of a football club has access to the following information about elasticities of demand for tickets:
Own price elasticity 1.4
Income elasticity 1.8
Cross-elasticity with respect to meat pies at half time -1.1

a. What does this information tell us about demand for tickets?
b. If the club were making losses how could the owner make use of this information to increase profitability?
c. Why might the club offer reduced ticket prices for pensioners and students?

http://www.uwcentre.ac.cn/hhu/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ps3.pdf

Data from the US seems to suggest that a 10 per cent increase in the price of beer is associated with a 3 per cent reduction in the quantity of beer sold.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6390555

UK data suggests that a 10 per cent increase in the price of beer is associated with a 5.6 per cent reduction in the quantity of beer sold.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/research/alcohol-consumption-uk.pdf

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Firstly, using the e-card is not slower than cash and is certainly quicker than debit/credit card. I actually don't understand why more people don't use the e-card, it saves time and you get a discount. You even have the e-card on you at every game!
Secondly, for people like me with 3 kids as STH's, it is a big discount when buying 3 x pepsi/hot dog and a beer/pie.
Thirdly, your season ticket is only dearer if you live within walking/cycling distance of the Amex or travel by car, I presume you do as your moaning about it. I get the train and I am saving money and I am sure many others are as well. They do have to be very careful here though because if it goes up again next season, there will be no saving. I am sure this is where they want to go so that they can then stop it altogether as so many people will be complaining. I thought that the whole point of the subsidy was to encourage sustainable travel.. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here