Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owners rename Hull City AFC

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Alla...-City-Tigers/story-19634384-detail/story.html

HULL City Tigers will be the new name officially adopted by the club in the Premier League.

Owners Assem and Ehab Allam have confirmed their intention to re-brand Hull City by dropping the 'AFC' and putting the emphasis on 'Tigers'.

They said one of the reasons for the change is to give the club a stronger "brand identity" on the international stage.

"Hull City is irrelevant," he said.

"My dislike for the work 'City' is because it is common.

"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

The confirmation comes after weeks of speculation following increased club use of an amended badge without 'AFC' on the logo.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Man U are putting 'football club' back on their badge after 16 years off. FC Barcelona & Real Madrid CF...championship with palace next season fir the tigers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Foreign owners changing tradition again

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can the Hull City Tigers roar into life against the Manchester Citizens? Find out next on Fox Soccerzone

D

Deleted member 18477

Thank god for Bloom or we'd be called Brighton and Hove Seagulls!

Because Albion would be irrelevent...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
sssSOCCERBAAALLLLLL!

I didn't know tigers were indigenous in Hull. They should have picked Hull City Goosanders, although they're mainly migrants (UKip are onto it)

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ludicrous idea - as bad as Cardiff Bluebirds playing in red.

We could always drop the "and Hove Albion" bit as that goes on a bit as well - and then relocate to somewhere more relevant, like Harlow or Milton Keynes

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Glad you Dolphins and us Glaziers would never do something like that

Not quite the same, we both just changed nicknames. You'd have to have been the Crystal Palace Glaziers for it to be seen in the same context.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Brighton & Hove SEAGULLS imminent then!

Nooooooooooo..................................!!!

American Matchday Experience.......

Thurs pm - Check Seagulls Calendar
Friday am - Book Seagulls Direct Coach £10
Friday PM - Change into Seagulls Pyjamas and go to bed
Sat Morning - Kellogs Crispy Cornflakes in Seagulls bowl and tea in Seagulls mug
Sat 11.45 - Change in to Seagulls Replica top and get Seagulls coat from cupboard
Sat 12.30 - Board seagulls bus with £800 season ticket in hand
Sat 1.15 - arrive at amex for matchday experience go into club shop buy programme £5.00
Sat 1.30 - Swipe card through entrance and buy Seagulls hot dog & Low alcohol Budweiser £9.00
Sat 1.55 - Buy another Low alcohol Budweiser £5.50
Sat 2.15 - In seat now watching LED screens for adverts tempting me to buy electricity, lager, cars, phones and more seagulls stuff especially on line .
Sat 3.05 - Watch 45 mins of football interrupted by more advertising
Sat 3.52 - Buy seagulls crisps and chocolate highlighted by even more adverts some in sound now.
Sat 5.55 - Leave ground to the sound of more adverts grabbing Seagulls hamburger on way out to eat whilst waiting for Seagulls transport to my drop off
Sat 11pm - Access my seagulls TV or internet account £15 per month so I can watch goals and highlights and find out how I can highlight next weeks matchday experience with a clapper

PS we did win 1-0

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
No quite the same, we just changed nicknames. You'd have to have been the Crystal Palace Glaziers for it to be seen in the same context.
It's not really that different, or that big a deal, is it? Both of our clubs chose to rebrand and focus on a nickname for commercial reasons. Hull are now doing the same.

Honestly, who cares? If they want to promote the Tiger thing let them. This santaminious "I cannot believe it" bollocks would be awful coming from any set of fans, but neither of ours really have a leg to stand on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here