Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, the Gus stuff..

I'm a little confused. Here it is implied that Gus was sacked because he 'didn't want to honour his contract'. i.e. the club didn't want to risk him leaving part way through this season. That sounds fair enough to me, but elsewhere we've been told that the club sacked Gus for 'gross misconduct'. These two accounts don't really tally, other than the club has found some 'gross misconduct' that was earlier deemed not worthy of instant suspension. Further supports the theory that this is all money-related, want him gone but don't want to pay compo.

Ah well. Perhaps we all suspected this anyway. Thanks for the info, don't want to get into another Gus binfest. Here's hoping B.W. doesn't open this thread
    "Didn't want to honour it" could mean anything. His refusal to deal with player contracts is not honouring his contract. I took this particular comment to be quite vague.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks for the report.

I'm staggered the club didn't know Gus was going on MOTD. Half NSCs posters seemed to.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Very disappointed the club will not have a presence in the city centre.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Okay, the Gus stuff..

I'm a little confused. Here it is implied that Gus was sacked because he 'didn't want to honour his contract'. i.e. the club didn't want to risk him leaving part way through this season. That sounds fair enough to me, but elsewhere we've been told that the club sacked Gus for 'gross misconduct'. These two accounts don't really tally, other than the club has found some 'gross misconduct' that was earlier deemed not worthy of instant suspension. Further supports the theory that this is all money-related, want him gone but don't want to pay compo.
      Indeed. It's a very frequent occurrence for football clubs or football managers to want to terminate a contract early. They nearly always sit down and negotiate the terms of the departure, guided by what was agreed when the contract was signed. 'Gross misconduct' is a device that avoids this process, but it leaves the manager's reputation very severely damaged. Similarly, an unfounded charge of 'gross misconduct' will damage the club's reputation.

There's plenty still to play for.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Very disappointed the club will not have a presence in the city centre.
      That is certainly a shame to be honest. He does seem to leave the door open to a small presence somewhere
      First REMF goalscorer - EVER

0 Not allowed!
      It's not clear what Paul Barber has in mind when he speaks of private arbitration. But here's the ACAS scheme:-

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/i/b...on_guide_1.pdf
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      "Didn't want to honour it" could mean anything. His refusal to deal with player contracts is not honouring his contract. I took this particular comment to be quite vague.
      Fair enough, I didn't hear him say it. True about the 'not-dealing-with-contracts', although I have always been sure that this was a symptom of the problems between Gus and Tony, and impending suspension, not the cause of them.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      More like 'We won't get fooled again' according to some on here. Just need the Magic Bus to sort out transport problems now
      "I can't explain!"
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Tim View Post
      That is certainly a shame to be honest. He does seem to leave the door open to a small presence somewhere
      He said that Queens Road wasn't the right place for a shop. I would have thought it was fairly well placed as people pass it coming down from the station to the beach, and near the clock tower which is fairly central. Churchill Square rents are going to be high, so my interpretation of his comments are that the club are looking for another town centre premises but cheaper.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      He said that Queens Road wasn't the right place for a shop. I would have thought it was fairly well placed as people pass it coming down from the station to the beach, and near the clock tower which is fairly central. Churchill Square rents are going to be high, so my interpretation of his comments are that the club are looking for another town centre premises but cheaper.
      Plenty of empty shops on London Road - don't reckon that's very expensive