Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You clearly have not read the match threads then!
    i didn't for Leeds and i stopped the Newport one when all that started

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JCL - the new kid in town View Post
      i didn't for Leeds and i stopped the Newport one when all that started
      Very wise
      Sanibona!!

0 Not allowed!
      We operated the club shop for years when we were incomparably more skint than we are now... We will be losing a major presence in the town centre that thousands of people see every day.

Barber really seems to look past everything other than the balance sheets.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      The main thing about that is the rents and rates in Western Road / Churchill Square will be quite a bit higher than in Queens Road. The shop would have to be significantly larger / better than the current one to justify any new premises.

While I agree it's VITAL that the club has some presence in the city centre, I can see a scenario where the accountants / bean-counters tut-tutting, moaning about the expense without the proven or necessary income.
      My guess on this is that the old shop will close down at the end of the season. A new shop will be opened soon after but the fitting out of it will be paid for by the new kit supplier as part of the deal for providing kit and other merchandise (I seem to recall Errea paid to fit out one of the existing stores). This would mean that the only costs incurred will be those of increased rent and, if we have a major kit supplier such as Adidas, the additional leisure wear etc that would be sold through the store would offset the increased rent.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

0 Not allowed!
      The main thing about that is the rents and rates in Western Road / Churchill Square will be quite a bit higher than in Queens Road. The shop would have to be significantly larger / better than the current one to justify any new premises.

While I agree it's VITAL that the club has some presence in the city centre, I can see a scenario where the accountants / bean-counters tut-tutting, moaning about the expense without the proven or necessary income.
      I can imagine a scenario similar to when we moved over the road, the new manufacturer-erer and the club combine with local knowledge and shop fitting and fronting expertise to maximising impact. Adidas / Nike or whoever we get have more experience in retail than the club; this may even have been written into the new contract but i am just pontificating.
      '...and a ladyboy is a soldier's joy at Sussex by the Sea...'

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      "Didn't want to honour it" could mean anything. His refusal to deal with player contracts is not honouring his contract.
      I always thought that was the thing they pegged on him. His refusal to deal with the retained list is surely a breach of contract. If they wanted him out, that was the thing they could use against him.

It does seems strange then that he was dismissed for 'gross misconduct'. Poyet is certainly refuting that he did anything that could be described as such.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      We operated the club shop for years when we were incomparably more skint than we are now... We will be losing a major presence in the town centre that thousands of people see every day.

Barber really seems to look past everything other than the balance sheets.
      Please let me know what you don't understand about this statement from Barber.

"There may be another city-centre shop but it won't be in Queen's Road."
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      He said that Queens Road wasn't the right place for a shop. I would have thought it was fairly well placed as people pass it coming down from the station to the beach, and near the clock tower which is fairly central. Churchill Square rents are going to be high, so my interpretation of his comments are that the club are looking for another town centre premises but cheaper.
      They may copy Watford who use the High Street Shoping Mall information services. This surely must be cheaper than a shop.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      We never had a shop in town in the Goldstone days.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Having real difficulty following - will just have to wait for the Barber thread done in Smiths lyrics
      "Brighton is mine and it owes me a living. Ask me why and I will spit in your eye".

Or something along those lines.
      Sanibona!!