Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advise for a neutral

rainhamend

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,

I'm a Gillingham supporter down in Brighton for the weekend of the Burnley match. Will take the opportunity to check out the Amex for the game.

Can I ask, is there any trouble (long wait) when collecting reserved tickets at the ticket office before kick off?

Also, where is the closest pub to the stadium? Or am I best off drinking in near Brighton station?

Looking forward to seeing some decent football and a great stadium, of course Ill be cheering on the seagulls!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It would appear that you can now buy your ticket online, and print it out at home, thus netting the need to queue for a ticket anywhere. Hope you enjoy the day :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If you are staying in Brighton,drink near the station.

Ticket includes train travel to ground.

Are you coming to pay us back for having paid for half your ground to be redeveloped!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And drink near the station and get the train in. The queues move quite quickly too. Hang around after the game in the concourses for a beer. Try the pies although it can be a lottery which one you get.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good tip is to drink in the signalman or the open house (both right next to London Road station) as there are no queues for the trains there.

Shouldn't be much queue to pick up tickets as 95% of people are season ticket holders or away fans.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Good tip is to drink in the signalman or the open house (both right next to London Road station) as there are no queues for the trains there.

Shouldn't be much queue to pick up tickets as 95% of people are season ticket holders or away fans.
They do a decent bit of grub too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hi,

I'm a Gillingham supporter down in Brighton for the weekend of the Burnley match. Will take the opportunity to check out the Amex for the game.

Can I ask, is there any trouble (long wait) when collecting reserved tickets at the ticket office before kick off?

Also, where is the closest pub to the stadium? Or am I best off drinking in near Brighton station?

Looking forward to seeing some decent football and a great stadium, of course Ill be cheering on the seagulls!

Why collect the tickets at the game? why not get them posted to home, you'll then be able to use your match ticket for travel to the game from Brighton.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Except you can't get on a train because its rammed from the crush at Brighton?! Least that's what in always looks like from inside the glass :)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Ive never had a problem (and I live by the station) though I don't leave it too late.

Out of interest, chap, what do regard as too late? Normally get either the 1410 or 1420 from Brighton and it always looks as though people on LR station have a cat in hells chance of getting on.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Hi,

Also, where is the closest pub to the stadium? Or am I best off drinking in near Brstation?in

My tip is learn to spell correctly before you post on nsc again to ask for adviCe

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
are you bringing the caravan? if so please don't camp in stammer park! :lol:

Best place to drink is St James's street

rainhamend

Aug 8, 2013
cheers for the adviCe bravohotelalpha, although if you're that fussed about grammar a full stop at the end of your sentence wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks for the replies people, will try a few of the boozers out. Looking forward to it!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
cheers for the adviCe bravohotelalpha, although if you're that fussed about grammar a full stop at the end of your sentence wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks for the replies people, will try a few of the boozers out. Looking forward to it!

Have they cleared all the ovens and fridges from the gardens in the road behind the away end yet?:wave:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Collection doesn't take too long but you're better off getting it sent to you as you can then use it to travel on the train from Brighton.

Also, of you are wondering what stand to go in I would recommend the North. Don't go for the east stand if you want some noise and the west isn't much better for noise. The south (if available) is next to the away fans so there will be some banter.

rainhamend

Aug 8, 2013
Got a ticket at the back of the North stand, N1H:) And got the ticket delivered, I'm coming from Shoreham so that should save a few bob on trains.

Do people stand or sit at the back of the North?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here