[Official Site] FA Overturns Calderon Dismissal

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l229-979541_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
17:20 8th August 2013
by Adam Tighe
It wasn't just about being cleared to play in the games, it was also about people knowing that I did not try and hurt anyone in anyway."
Inigo Calderon
The Football Association has rescinded Inigo Calderon's red card he received against Newport County on Tuesday night, after upholding the defender's appeal.

Albion’s Spanish full back was dismissed after 67 minutes of the Capital One Cup first round defeat to the welsh club, but Albion lodged the appeal after Oscar Garcia reviewed TV footage of the incident.
The tackle between Calderon and Byron Anthony left the Newport defender with a double-break of his leg, but the FA have exonerated the Spaniard of any blame and overturned referee Brendan Malone's original decision to dismiss the Albion right-back.
He will now be available for Saturday’s game with Derby County and the FA’s decision is a boost for Oscar Garcia as Bruno and Adam Chicksen are both injury doubts for the visit of the Rams.
Calderon told seagulls.co.uk, "It wasn't just about being cleared to play in the games, it was also about people knowing that I did not try and hurt anyone in anyway. I am very pleased that the FA have recognised this and agree that it was nothing more than a horrible accident."
He also confirmed he visited Newport County defender Byron Anthony in hospital. *"My first thoughts were for Byron because it was a horrible injury. Nobody wants to see that happen to a team mate or an opponent. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets back playing soon.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here