Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Racecourse park and ride

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm going to try this on Saturday seeing as the club have stopped running the R bus. Does it usually get full up? If so, by what time?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It has never got full, it works very well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Might need to use it on Saturday, anyone know what the time the last bus sets off? On the Brighton & Hove Bus website it says 2.30 but would have thought it would have been later than that

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
QUOTE=Buckley's Mad Eye;5872416]The race hill P&R is AWESOME. You'll love it. Get there for 2ish you'll be eating pies by half past.[/QUOTE]

don't tell everyone...:facepalm:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
QUOTE=Buckley's Mad Eye;5872416]The race hill P&R is AWESOME. You'll love it. Get there for 2ish you'll be eating pies by half past.

don't tell everyone...:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

but you will have to leave 10 mins from the end and miss buckers late winner :ffsparr:if you dont want to stand in a queue for 40 mins:lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I hav used it a few times. V v busy on evening games and takes ages to get to ground due to the traffic on falmer road. On Saturdays its much better. Will be interesting to see the increased usage given the removal of the r bus. Will take a few weeks to settle into anusage pattern the transport team can plan for I reckon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm going to try this on Saturday seeing as the club have stopped running the R bus. Does it usually get full up? If so, by what time?

Regular user here until I sold my car. Anyway, as said park up an hour before the game and you will arrive comfortably, any later and you are playing chicken with Falmer Road traffic hold ups.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
don't tell everyone...:facepalm:

but you will have to leave 10 mins from the end and miss buckers late winner :ffsparr:if you dont want to stand in a queue for 40 mins:lolol:
....or at the final whistle have pint and a pie, watch the other results on Sky, have a chat with your mates about the game then amble up the slope to the bus and be back at your car in 15 minutes.

:shrug:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's never full.

It's very slow (traffic on Falmer Road, plus the crawl through Woodingdean) On the way back, some of the older double deckers struggle a bit!

Queues after games are far better than for Mill Road (can't be hard, Mill Road is still, after two seasons, awful) but still best to have a drink before you get in the Queue.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now the R bus has been replaced by a Seagull Travel service will there be more cars heading for the Race Hill P&R who used to park in West Saltdean and up into Woodingdean ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm surprised more people who live in Whitehawk don't use the race hill.

Walk through the tunnel under the racecourse and you're there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm surprised more people who live in Whitehawk don't use the race hill.

Walk through the tunnel under the racecourse and you're there.

My name is scraped into one of the bricks in the tunnel , don't know if it will still be legible after 45 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here