Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace re name smellhurst park

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Apparently, so many punters have had money on Palarse to total 12 points this season, they have named the ground after it.

This makes me smile, for no other reason than BBS was awash with us selling our souls naming our Stadium The Amex.

At least it was never called anything else, how many years of tradition have they just chucked away?

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I thought the "is it because 1-2 will be the mostly likely score at Selhurst" was funnier.

I'm led to believe its just a sponsorship deal though, but not certain it's finalised.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
BRKCQ8mCMAIQaVS.jpg:large

I thought the "is it because 1-2 will be the mostly likely score at Selhurst" was funnier.

I'm led to believe its just a sponsorship deal though, but not certain it's finalised.

Course it is, that's why there is a bloody great poster up on Park Road with 12Bet Stadium on it with a stadium plan underneath.

Sold your souls boy's, how many other existing stadiums have EVER been re-named? I can only think of one.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Course it is, that's why there is a bloody great poster up on Park Road with 12Bet Stadium on it with a stadium plan underneath.

Sold your souls boy's, how many other existing stadiums have EVER been re-named? I can only think of one.

St James Park, which everyone still calls St James Park. But I'm only reporting what I've heard on the grapevine. It's a season long sponsorship, and isn't yet final. Soon though hopefully.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

There's been loads. Bradford change theirs every other week. Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Shrewsbury off the top of my head. Its very much teams of the tinpot variety who rename their stadiums.

Of course it'll be DIFFERENT when Palace do it because, err, their fans are all die-hards and their ground is pwopa old school and their support is amazing and they've been in the top 2 divisions for 35 years and...and...and....IT JUST IS OK.

Some of the natives seem to be less than impressed.

Only One Dougie Freedman

What about if it was shed loads of cash to play in Blue and White stripes?
Shed loads of cash to be renamed Crystal Temple or some other shite?

It's bull shit.

I thought we were hoping to stay in the premiership on hard work and were going to give it a go based on a mix of local talent, shrewd signings and the odd pick me up along the way. Not by selling our soul at the first opportunity before we have even played a single league game.

I know we've been promoted to the greed league, but we didn't need to become like the rest of them so fast did we? If that's what being in this division is all about then **** it, 38 games time and we can go back to being the Crystal Palace, middle of the road club, down at Selhurst Park, back where no one but ourselves gave a shit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That's optimistic. Sure it's not the 0-4 ? :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

If we were going on most likely scores, my friend, it'd be the 05Bet Stadium, wouldn't it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And what a 2-bob company to be sponsored by. I've never even heard of them, but then thats the point though I suppose.

You'd have thought with the worldwide exposure of the PL, Palace would have been able to attract a far more prestigeo......

....what the hell am I saying.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't it because of the "buy 1, get 2 (as long as one is called Betty)" Groupon deals?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not impressed tbh , but Newport fu cking county !

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
:lolol:I know someone who's got a seat in The Sainsbury Stand, its between the carrots and the peas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here